1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

POLL: Are you getting the Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by modified, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modified

modified New Member

Now that the Verizon iPhone launch is almost imminent, what is your plan? Vote in the poll and give your reason for switching to the iPhone or why you plan to stay with Android.

Personally, I am tired of Android's marketplace. After a year of telling myself that it will rise to Apple's level, it simply hasn't. Take Fruit Ninja for example. It looks better on the iPhone then on the Droid or any Android counterpart. Or the music player. I have dozens of players on the market but they all lack the aesthetically pleasing look of iOS. Basically, I am going to make the switch for the software.
  2. K20turbo

K20turbo New Member

Its not for sure we still have to wait until Tues for the announcement...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Not myself, but the Wife is waiting on it.
  4. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

Waiting for the vzw droid bionic or droid 3.
  5. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

nope keeping my OG droid till....well when it no longer "does"! But I am getting the Xoom!
  6. pcandroid

pcandroid New Member

100% yes. I love my droid x but I have been waiting and waiting for android to match what apple offers. It hasn't got there. The market isn't there. The OS, close but just one step below. The only complaint the iphone has had is the carrier. That problem will be gone and I will be gone from android.

I know the android fan boys will say android is better but look at it objectively and give me concrete reasons why android is better at this moment.
  7. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

I love Android to much. After AT@T and Apple formed a partnership to only allow the iPhone to AT@T.....I've been bitter. It was a great smartphone. Since Android came into my life....it beats Apple and the iPhone in my eyes.

Good Luck to all who make the switch!
  8. bookie

bookie New Member

Screw apple! That is all.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  9. Relex

Relex New Member

I really like android for the past year that I've had my og and I don't see me changing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

This has nothing to do with the Droid. Moved off topic.
  11. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

Yes the iphone does run smooth...but so does android when set up properly. The iphone is great for people who don't fully understand how things work. Android is great for customization. Guaranteed the majority of people on this site have very different setups with, roms, kernels, basebands....etc.

Android keeps getting better, and so does iOs...but apple keeps locking everything down and telling you what you want instead of letting you decide.

With so many companies using the Android software it will continue to push further development.

Plus Iphone doesn't have FLASH!dancedroid droid does!

I am being objective, not a fanboy of either. I have 2 macbooks and a iMac, very good computers. But in the end it's all a matter of opinion.... So fact is Android is better! lol
  12. les017

les017 New Member

No. I don't have any fanatical leaning one way or the other. I am one of those that likely would have gone iPhone if it had been on VZW before Droid. But at this point iPhone offers nothing that I don't already have, other than polish. And it is VERY polished, but not in any way that affects me on a daily basis.

The thing that I likely get the most out of from my Droid, and I am not clear how the VZW iPhone will handle this, is native Google turn-by-turn nav.
  13. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Gonna pass on this.
  14. UNC

UNC New Member

I wonder why mine got closed? It didn't say anything inflammatory! I am just trying to see how many Android defectors there will be....

Yes, I am getting the vPhone.
  15. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 New Member

I'm still debating myself. Im going to most likely get it for my wife since she's been wanting to switch to a smart phone. I have time before my upgrade to decide. What's sad though is that Android users are acting as if Verizon is putting a gun to their head and making them switch so they hate on apple for it. If Android is what we know and think it is there is no reason to be upset or hate on apple. THATS THE BEAUTY OF CHOICE.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  16. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 New Member

I believe since this one was started and moved here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  17. UNC

UNC New Member

You're right. Lets not have duplicates.
  18. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

You're correct, you did nothing wrong and stated nothing inflammatory. We just don't need multiple threads of the same poll. Just consolidating :)
  19. TwerpPoet

TwerpPoet New Member

I'm 1.5 years into my contract. Unless someone wants to hand me a whole bunch of money I'm going to seriously avoid asking myself that question. That goes for new Android phones as well. I don't handle want-itis very well.

By the time I'm eligible for a new phone it will be an entirely different game. As fast as this market is moving there is no telling what a phone will do in 2013.
  20. hoppermi

hoppermi New Member

Gonna pass on this version at least. I'll revisit when the next gen comes out, maybe. There should be a handful of "super"phones by then. I doubt I'll be able to pass on one of these dual core beasts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.