Police Scanner App?

Blaster

Reaction score
Has anyone used this app and is it any good.... I only found 1 so far is there any more then that?

Silver Member
Reaction score
probably just uses publicly broadcasted scanner frequencies (ie ones that have been posted on the internet for streaming purposes). the droid is incapable of doing this on its own.

OP
Blaster

Blaster

Reaction score
thats kind of what I thought... Does anyone have any experience with it?

rvallance

Reaction score
Looking for scanner app

I can't find any scanner app that people are talking about. Can someone post the name of the app. Thanks in advance.

freddyb

Reaction score
I purchased policestream but since my city/county isn't covered it's more of a cool gimmick than a useful app. Still very cool though. I stream it via bluetooth to the Sync system in my Ford. Good times.

OP
Blaster

Blaster

Reaction score
Thats sweet i'll have to get it. Thanks

J.P.

Reaction score
Police stream is awesome. Very useful if you have an APB out on you...

njr682

Reaction score
+1 on PoliceStream. I'm an officer and use it at work all the time to hear other agencies around me.

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
Agreed, love PoliceStream. I don't need it since I'm not breaking the laws or enforcing them, but it's interesting to listen to and for me has a lot of local agencies. One of the coolest apps I've found yet!

acturbo

Reaction score
Agreed, love PoliceStream. I don't need it since I'm not breaking the laws or enforcing them, but it's interesting to listen to and for me has a lot of local agencies. One of the coolest apps I've found yet!

There is no trial program for this, can anyone tell me if it covers Wilmington Delaware or surrounding area. Zip 19808. Thanks

Edit: Totally forot about the 24 hours trial period. If my area is not included will just return before the 24 hours is up.

Last edited:

GuiltySparc

Reaction score
i'd also like to try this out...anyone know which county departments in maryland it has access to?

coondogg97

Reaction score
This was one of the first paid apps I downloaded when I got the Droid. The app works good, I just wish it had a Favorites list to save your most listened to streams. You have the ability to move them to the top of your list, but thats it.

gmlvsk

Reaction score
Guys

I wrote another app, actually it's widget, that would like to get feedback
from users
If you want to try it and give me feedback I 'll let you try policestream for 2 days
If you are interested email me (my email is under PoliceStream app in Market)

Thanks