Pointless Banning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eNomineZerum

Reaction score
I only post this because of Tapatalk and how it has caused me to start posting like crazy. I decided to join a forum I frequented over 2 years ago to catch up with old friends. I didn't assume me mentiong that my using a android device on VZW constituted as a "Major Advertising Violation". Here is the message I was sent along with post that got me banned.

Dear eNomineZerum,

You have received a 6 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Major Advertising Violation. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:

Or Beanorz. I'm everybodies favorite add-on. Figure I got this app for my DROID that stremlines forums and makes them easier to read, I might as well put it to some use. I might be able to touch that post count of yours PP. ;) Anyone got any questions about Android, particularly VZW models, give me a PM.

By the name of Zero
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

Ok, maybe me offering my assistance could, at a stretch, be considered advertising; however it is the same thing that I always say to people I havnt spoken with in awhile, " you got any tech questions, ask me...". I am sure I am not the only person who offers help freely. Furthermore the 6 points I got hit with fully prevents me from replying to the mod or posting in the correct thread to get admin help.

What do the people od DROID land believe?

By the name of Zero

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My own personal thoughts are they didn't understand what you were talking about. On the other hand someone who doesn't understand smart phones might mistake this for advertising. They'd still be wrong, but I can see it.

We usually will let off topic things go, well, off topic and I'm not trying to censor you from expressing your feelings but how other people run their forums is not something I think we want to get into here at the Droid Forums. So I am going to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.