1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

point of rooting driod

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by New Kid, Dec 22, 2009.

1. New Kid

New Kid New Member

what are the benefits of rooting it?
  2. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

For some, it is the ability to customize things the way they want. For others, it is the ability to put cutting edge (and sometimes unstable) future revisions on the phone... to get features not yet available to the public at large... for others it is the challenge.

Unlike the iPhone, rooting the Droid isn't so much a need (since you can install anything you want already), as much as a want... it is a geek thing, it is a challenge.
  3. phone

phone New Member

4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

After countless OS leaks, installs, Shrink-A-OS uses, custom OSes, hybrids, etc.... all with my BB Storm I won't give in to the desire to root and play with my Droid.... had my own personal intervention.... no relapse... lol