point me the way to root my razr

sbd

Reaction score
sorry sure it be on here before been looking and the more i look the more confused i get
but please point me to where i need to be to root my razr just put jelly bean on thanks for any help

xtor

Reaction score
sorry sure it be on here before been looking and the more i look the more confused i get
but please point me to where i need to be to root my razr just put jelly bean on thanks for any help

Look under stickies on razr support

2nd Amendment

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Depending on what version you are running, it's as simple as flashing one of the two linked here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...r-maxx-tester-s-hands-file-available-now.html, or going through the process detailed here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html.

The process is relatively easy. Installation procedure is the same as for all side-loading;
  1. Download the necessary file obtained on the links below (depending on your current OS version), and save it to your External SD card as a zip file, do NOT extract it, and do NOT change the file name.
  2. Next, power off your phone by pressing and holding the Power button, then choosing "Power off" and then "OK" at the next menu.
  3. Now that the phone is powered off, press and hold BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS and while holding them press and hold the POWER BUTTON.
  4. Once the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears (white text on a black background), release all three buttons, the highlight should be on "Normal powerup".
  5. Next, press the VOLUME DOWN button ONCE to move the highlight is on the "Recovery" menu selection. If you pass it accidentally, DO NOT press the VOLUME UP, because in this menu the VOLUME UP is actually the Select button (think "enter"). Instead continue pressing VOLUME DOWN until the highlight reaches the bottom and one more press will bring it back to the top.
  6. Once you have the "Recovery" menu selection highlighted, press the VOLUME UP to select it. The screen should display the red Motorola "M" logo, then go black for about 5 seconds. It will eventually show the Android Triage screen (Android on his back, belly open with a red triangle and black exclamation point).
  7. Now press both VOLUME buttons at the same time again. This can take from one to as much as 20 or more presses of the VOLUME BUTTONS together to get it to respond. Don't give up.
  8. You should now see the Android System Recovery menu, a black screen with blue menu choices. In this menu both VOLUME BUTTONS act as cursors to move up and down through the menu selections.
  9. Use the VOLUME BUTTONS to move the highlight to "apply update from external storage" and press the POWER button to select.
  10. Now you should see a list of the files on the External (removable) SD Card. Using the VOLUME BUTTONS, scroll down to the file you downloaded,
    1. either Blur_Version.98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip for those on the Christmas Eve Leak build, 98.72.8,
    2. or Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip if you are on the stock 6.16.211 Ice Cream Sandwich.
  11. Once highlighted, press the POWER BUTTON and let it do its thing.
Once done, the process to root is relatively easy as well.

Follow the steps outlined by Dan Rosenberg...AKA RootMaster;

Here's the link to the actual root files:
Windows: http://vulnfactory.o.../razr_blade.zip
Linux: http://batakang.com/...blade_linux.zip
Mac: http://batakang.com/...r_blade_mac.zip

Instructions:

Windows-
-Download the zip file and extract.
-Connect device via USB (Make sure you have the current Moto drivers FIRST!)
-Make sure USB Debug is on
-Make sure you have Smart Actions fully installed, unfrozen and unmodified
-Make sure the phone IS NOT in mass storage mode
-Double click run.bat
-Follow on-screen prompts and instructions

Linux/Mac-
-Extract .zip
-Open terminal and cd into the folder
-Run:

chmod +x razr_blade.sh
bash razr_blade
.sh

To donate to Dan Rosenberg directly, click here:
http://goo.gl/zBGb0

Source, http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/6924-root-achieved-for-jb-ota-razrmaxx-xt912/

Last edited:
OP
S

sbd

Reaction score
i have the ota that just came out and i run the razr blade zip but cant get it to work thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Drivers installed? USB debugging checked? Phone NOT in mass storage mode?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

sbd

Reaction score
yes to the debugging mode the mass storage mode will not let me uncheck it

OP
S

sbd

Reaction score
yes to the debugging mode the mass storage mode will not let me uncheck it

i got it guys i try it on my desk top and work great not sure why it would n go on my laptop thanks for all the help

helron

Reaction score
Foxkat,

Thanks for all that u do for all of US!!!!

Pls explain this instruction regarding SMART ACTIONS:
"Make sure you have Smart Actions fully installed, unfrozen and unmodified"
Precisely, what constitutes UNMODIFIED? I have added and or removed some triggers and actions. I assume this is what you mean? If so, what do I need to do in order to ensure that my Smart actions are fully installed, unfrozen and unmodified?
Thx!!!

Sent using Tapatalk

jp233

Reaction score
Im guessing it means you didnt hack or install any 3rd party apps that modified Smart Actions. I have several Smart Actions that run constantly, and I've set a bunch of certain triggers and actions. Just finished rooting and it went off fine..... now that I tried a different Win7 laptop. Mine from work just wouldn't install the Moto Device Manager properly.

helron

Reaction score
JP... Thanks! That really helped. I think my SA's should not hamper root. good news!

sain8075

Reaction score
rooting fails in phase three of run.bat

Hello,

During attempts to root, it keeps failing during phase three. The command prompt looks like this:

[*]
[*] Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit (Windows version)
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Thanks to p3droid for assistance in testing.
[*]
[*] Note: this will not work on Razr HD, Razr M, etc.
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Please carefully follow any instructions provided in the exploit.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Phase one...
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Phase two...
[*] Complete the following steps on your device:
[*] 1. Open the Smart Actions application.
[*] 2. Select "Get Started".
[*] 3. Select "Battery Saver".
[*] 4. Select "Save".
[*] 5. Press the Home button.
[*]
[*] Press enter here once you have completed the above steps.
260 KB/s (3477 bytes in 0.013s)
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' - Permission denied
mkdir failed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
link failed File exists
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Phase four...
1767 KB/s (91992 bytes in 0.050s)
1967 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.927s)
1559 KB/s (574184 bytes in 0.359s)
1484 KB/s (63838 bytes in 0.041s)
[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to exit.

I'm not sure what is wrong, please help. I followed the instructions correctly (to the best of my knowledge), any ideas?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you actually tried to verify that it is or is not actually rooted?
There was a similar thread a few weeks ago, and I remember the poster saying he was getting a failure during the process, and someone told him that the error was because the root tool detected that what it was trying to accomplish, was already done.

Just a thought.

Edit
Another thought. I also remember a discussion in these forums where someone posted that the Battery Saver smart action has to be unchanged from stock. Had you modified the battery saver smart action by chance?

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Last edited: