Podcast Subscriptions Coming To Google Play!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google Play will soon be adding a pretty exciting feature! Before long you will be able to subscribe to podcasts through Google Play! This is pretty awesome. My go to podcast app has always been stitcher, but I know I am missing out on so much content because not everyone links their podcasts to stitcher. That is an extra step for creators, and plenty of them just don't do it. Also it seems that these podcasts go live a bit later on stitcher.

Being able to get podcasts as soon as they release is going to be great. Google will also build in a discoverability feature that suggests podcasts based on what you are doing, how you are feeling, or what you are interested in. If you podcast you can begin uploading your podcasts to the portal now!

via android.blogspot

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this, it's an absolute pain to listen the the KISW podcasts... if they work here it's going to make life SO much easier.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm really not that big into podcasts. I have started checking out some of the android site's podcasts though with my Nexus fever. Having them available through Google Play might get me more into checking out others, but I rarely have a long drive and don't really know how/when I might add them into my life more often. Still, having them more readily available without a separate app can't hurt.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Listening to podcats is like listening to NPR. Ugh. I'd drive off a cliff.

Maybe they have cool podcasts now but years ago they weren't that exciting.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I know a guy who strives an hour to work every day & swears by the one(s) he listens to.
My office commute is 10 minutes when I go in. My non-commute is from bedroom to living room. I think it takes me longer to get to my desk when I work at home actually.

I do have long trips coming up to visit family 5+hours each way.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got around 15 hrs one way coming up, but I think my wife'd kill me if I play podcasts the whole way, especially ones that are about topics that interest me. Ha

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You could listen to desperate housewives of (Whatever city) for 15 hours. It goes both ways.

That reminds me of a road trip my EX and I took one year. We couldn't agree on music so we put the Adult XM channel on and we were cracking up for about 4 hours.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
We've got SiriusXM in the car we're taking. We've had great luck finding music we can both enjoy on previous trips. I lucked out there. She's got very similar taste to mine and is open to hearing new things I find.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well there is a reason she's an EX. :D

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love to listen to podcasts on long family trips, but the wife and kids get bored after about 30 minutes

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mostly Leo Laporte's stuff (Tech Guy, This Week In Tech, This Week In Google), also I listen to Android Central's Podcast and Droid-Life, I like to listen to Championship Drive, This American Life, and some Disney World and Universal Studios podcasts

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Awesome!
I actually host a St. Louis Blues hockey podcast called Lets Go Blues Radio at www.letsgoblues.com/radio.
We are in our 4th season...and now we try and do about a show a week...give or take based on our schedules and the schedule of the Blues.
Our show is on iTunes, Stitcher and a bunch of other major podcast directories...but I'd love to see podcasts integrated into Google Play.

We actually broadcast live with audience participation. The show is usually 90 minutes long or so (give or take), and then the podcast is made available after the live show is over.

It's a lot of fun...and we get between 700-1000 listeners every week. Sometimes we have listeners and guests join us on the air via Google Hangouts (that is what we use) and we have a lot of Twitter interaction during the show.

Anyway...looking forward to podcasts on Google Play Music!

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Rejoice! Rejoice!

When I heard this, I nearly cried. It's been a long time coming. Although I wonder what they'll do to get me to switch from Pocketcasts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk