pocket

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So by no scratches you mean its like you took it out of the box brand new?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I have a thin plastic transparent case from Verizon, but no screen protector. I don't have any scratches or marks whatsoever on my RAZR. Looks brand new

On my Droid X I had a rubber/silicone case with no screen protector and the screen was perfect after a year and a half. I even threw the phone toward the end. The only marks it had was one of the corners was a little chewed up when I didn't have a case on it and jumped out of the truck. It landed hard on asphault.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Weaselboy134987 said:
Im looking for people who have no screen protector who put their phone in there pocket

That would be me. I use a silicon sleeve usually, but no screen protector, ever, since the beginning of my droid experience on the D1 and with both bionics. Usually shoved in hoody pocket, right hip pocket or the catchall pocket of my go back.

jimbarr

Reaction score
Im looking for people who have no screen protector who put their phone in there pocket
I use an OtterBox Defender when I need robust protection, but for most day-to-day use, I keep it bare in my pocket. The only thing I've learned is to not keep keys or change in the same pocket. They can scratch or scrape the bezel rim or case. Other than that, it's been unobtrusive in my pocket and easy to get to.

318Droid

Reaction score
I keep my phone in my pocket at all times...never had a screen protector on it since release date...NO scratches on my phone..NONE..And i've had keys, bolts, wrenches and all in the same pocket with my phone...not one scratch in all this time...i have that silicon case that looks like the case above but for regular battery on my phone...have the extended battery but i cut the sides of this case...im liking the case above since its made for the extended battery and not cut up like mine is...but it doesnt bother me not one bit...either way NOT ONE SCRATCH ANYWHERE ON MY SCREEN and I treat this baby ROUGH!!!!

deduct

Reaction score
Well, they must have installed the generic version of gorilla glass on my bionic. I went one week without screen protector, carrying it around in jeans pocket and got two scratches on the glass. And I never put anything else in the pocket that I carry my phone in. Its not that hard to put a screen protector on correctly. If by some chance you do get scratches on your glass because you did not take the time to put one on, you will be cussing yourself like I did. its your phone and you can do whatever you want with it. But, I would recommend a protector.

reebz

Reaction score
I got my Bionic on launch day. I only had a screen protector on for a very short time, just a few days, if that. The air bubbles bugged me so I removed the screen with no regrets. No protector case, just a gelaskin on the phone. Never used a holster, always in the pocket. Never have I had a problem carrying it this way.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
reebz said:
I got my Bionic on launch day. I only had a screen protector on for a very short time, just a few days, if that. The air bubbles bugged me so I removed the screen with no regrets. No protector case, just a gelaskin on the phone. Never used a holster, always in the pocket. Never have I had a problem carrying it this way.

No nicks or scratches for you either?

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
reebz said:
there may be one or two, but they're so slight that I don't even notice.

See that's what im worried about getting!

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
A screen protector is like a dollar online man, there should not be this much debate about a dollar's worth of plastic. Just get one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I always have it in my pocket. Usually power button up which I noticed when in uniform sitting in my car it presses the button. Never can unlock it but it did start ghost dialing on the emergency call section.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
BroidDrionic said:
A screen protector is like a dollar online man, there should not be this much debate about a dollar's worth of plastic. Just get one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Exactly