Pocket Universe for the Droid?

Ryn

Reaction score
I'm upgrading from an ancient Tungsten T2 Palm to an HTC phone, but I'm disappointed to find that most of my Palm apps are still superior to Android's, which seem to be released only half (or less) featured. Google Sky is far more basic than the Palm Planetarium...although it's nice to have the GPS map the stars & other objects, there's very few labelled, there's no additional information on the object and the feature set is very slim. Not satisfying for amateur astronomers. The iPhone apps however look awesome: Starmap with stars up to 12th magnitude, at least 3 competing apps with sun & planet rise & set times, sky reports so you know what's up (including transient events such as meteor showers and comets), moon phases, view the past of future sky....not having this is a big gap in the Android app library, I hope someone fills it soon!

FireMedic65

Reaction score
I use skymaps.. it's not "too" bad. But it is very basic. Pocket universe is far more superior. Hopefully they come out with one for android or google does some serious upgrades.

Beaugart

Reaction score
Add another request to the list :-D

I also hope you port this app to the Droid. There is no real competition for an app like yours. We have IK PEGASI and GOOGLE SKY that's about it. But, neither can claim to be a true enthusiasts app. Unlike your app which certainly is.

You would be ahead of the game (at the right time IMO) and perhaps it is the right time for Droid apps to be taken seriously. We are at the point where paying for apps is not adverse. In fact $5.99 apps are all over my phone in particular.

As of today you have 322 reviews and 2,456 ratings on the iTunes app Store. At $2.99.

I think it is worth porting over and being on the first wave of serious apps for the Droid.

I just switched from iPhone to android... and I am highly considering going back to the iPhone because I cannot find an app as great as Pocket Universe. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope it happens.