Pocket Power: burning my battery from pocket jostle

jirish

Reaction score
I have read many posts and questions about ways to make it easier to awaken your Droid phone. I am looking for a way to make it harder.

I keep my phone in my pocket along with a set of keys. It seems that half the time I pull my phone out, the screen is already on and taking its toll on my battery life.

Can anyone suggest an app or setting that will make my phone sleep deeper? To be awoken only by, say, double pressing the power or button or simultaneously pressing the power and volume button?

I use No Lock app to bypass the unlock slide. I like this app a lot and understand that if I didn't use it, the phone would stay locked and probably go back to sleep quicker (because I wouldn't also be accidentally opening apps and such). Really I would like to find a way that prevents the screen from coming on at all unless I mean it to.

Thanks very much for your help!

SwinePunk

Reaction score
Several roms allow you to use the menu button instead of the unlock slide. But seriously, this is exactly what the unlock slide is for.

Jehnavi

Reaction score
These people are looking for a controversy on our street corner with your face in this kind of protest or beg or to highlight their views. This is not what our sidewalks are for. Freedom of expression is not the quality of life or Trumph for the general good. Stay out of my face, because as ExCOP I know how to properly remove your.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem with No Lock is that it allows the phone to be woken up by any of the hardware buttons (volume rocker or camera button), not just the power button, that is your problem I think. Uninstall No Lock and try My Auto Unlock, does pretty much the same but only power button will wake the phone

BodyBagz

Reaction score
These people are looking for a controversy on our street corner with your face in this kind of protest or beg or to highlight their views. This is not what our sidewalks are for. Freedom of expression is not the quality of life or Trumph for the general good. Stay out of my face, because as ExCOP I know how to properly remove your.
What?:icon_eek:

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
What?:icon_eek:

LMBO! I second that.