Pocket Legends Is Awesome!

brando56894

Reaction score
Who here is addicted to pocket legends? I just started playing it saturday evening and Im alread level 13. I got my friend who has an ipod touch addicted to it too lol

Its an amazing game which you can waste hours on but it sucks having to stare at a tiny screen just to play it.

Diordna

Reaction score
The PC version will be coming out in December.

And t's a cool game but it's confusing in a way to me. I never play WoW either so idk, just a bunch of quests and other people join you and help and you gain level and you talk to people and do other game types too.

I like it though, I'll see if I can keep doing it if the quests stop being the same and boring lol

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
The PC version will be coming out in December.

And t's a cool game but it's confusing in a way to me. I never play WoW either so idk, just a bunch of quests and other people join you and help and you gain level and you talk to people and do other game types too.

I like it though, I'll see if I can keep doing it if the quests stop being the same and boring lol

Thats essentially what the game is lol I played WoW a little but was never hardcore. Its great if you like (MMO)RPGs

Leondreux

Reaction score
I have played it for a couple days and then quit haha :). I have tried to get into it, but I think WoW is so much better. I'll try it again, but it just seems kind of bland sometimes, but that is probably just because I have barely played it. First I have to find my iPod touch... hmm... haha :)

studepaber

Reaction score
I like the game alot for what it offers (and what it could potentially offer like more campaigns, classes, items). Having played WoW pretty hardcore for a few years I can get somewhat of a WoW fix here. The quests are pretty basic, items are plentiful and although there are only 3 available class types to start with you can branch off and make different classes within one class. This type of game plays alot better on a larger screen, I have the iPad and Droid versions but play the game on both. I'm a level 25 DPS bear if anyone wants to play, toon's name is Studepaber.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Meh. I was excited to hear an MMO was finally on Android, but after about 3 hours of playing, I gave it up.

All MMOs suffer from the same problem: nothing but fetch quests. "Kill 10 of these", "Bring this to that NPC", etc.

But real MMOs have some redeeming qualities, like crafting systems, engrossing storylines, unique or varied character progression/skills, eye candy. Pocket Legends has none of these.

I suppose this will remain the case until smartphones become as powerful as today's laptops.

Varking

Reaction score
Meh. I was excited to hear an MMO was finally on Android, but after about 3 hours of playing, I gave it up.

All MMOs suffer from the same problem: nothing but fetch quests. "Kill 10 of these", "Bring this to that NPC", etc.

But real MMOs have some redeeming qualities, like crafting systems, engrossing storylines, unique or varied character progression/skills, eye candy. Pocket Legends has none of these.

I suppose this will remain the case until smartphones become as powerful as today's laptops.

Pocket Legends does have eye candy in terms of having costumes and hats and armors you can buy that do not affect gameplay. They also have weapons and armors that have very very similar stats but have different looks to let you have variety.

They also do have varied character progression. You get to pick your stats from start to finish and do the same with skills. I have a Bear that is Dex based and doesn't tank at all. It just does DPS. I also have a Battle Mage, which is a mage that is based in strength, wears heavy armor, and has a nice weapon. You don't have to spec int to be a mage, or str to be a bear.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Pocket Legends does have eye candy in terms of having costumes and hats and armors you can buy that do not affect gameplay. They also have weapons and armors that have very very similar stats but have different looks to let you have variety.

They also do have varied character progression. You get to pick your stats from start to finish and do the same with skills. I have a Bear that is Dex based and doesn't tank at all. It just does DPS. I also have a Battle Mage, which is a mage that is based in strength, wears heavy armor, and has a nice weapon. You don't have to spec int to be a mage, or str to be a bear.
I see what you're saying, but I still disagree. When I say "eye candy", I mean a well-established artistic style, or impressive graphics. I'm not your typical MMO player: I absolutely refuse to pay money for visual upgrades that have no effect on gameplay.

Also, you get to pick stats, but I consider that a bare minimum for an RPG game. If that wasn't left up to the player, it would just be an "action" game. You do not, however, get to pick which skills your class uses, only how strong they get... very limiting. A player-determined skill tree is one of the biggest draws of an MMO like WoW.

Again, this criticism might be somewhat unfair because I'm comparing it to a PC MMO... but that's the way it goes. I wants what I wants.

mszv

Reaction score
Being an MMORPG sort of person (though not a great player), I really enjoy this game. I'm at level 11.

It does help if you know a little bit about how MMORPGs work. Then it's not so confusing. You can also play it in short little bits of time, and get somewhere.

I also like it that you can't really text chat. Well, you can, but it's pretty tricky to do so if you are also moving your character on the screen. So you play with people and have no idea who they are. I find that rather freeing. I'm the sort of player who, if I play with other people, I worry that I'm not good enough. So, on bigger MMORPGs, I tend to solo a lot.

I really enjoy healing other players, watching their health bar go up. I also like it that we don't have that many choices -- for a game on my phone, that seems about right.

Oh yeah -- I'm amarez (or Amerez, can't remember if I capitalized it, or if it matters), in game. Maybe I'll run into you. I'm an enchantress. I tend to take roles where I can be a magician and a healer.

I don't play WoW. I play Guild Wars (I know, I know, not "exactly" and MMORPG). I'm trying to get into LOTRO (got a lifetime subscription). I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2.