Pocket ANSWERING at new high with ICS

xmguy

Reaction score
Since getting the Razr with ICS preloaded. I noticed that my phone will pocket answer when I pull my phone from my pocket as its ringing. The friction from my leg causes the phone to answer. Instead of being like GB or other ICS phones. The Motorola ICS unlock or answer icons need not be slid to the exact spot for the unlock. These screen shots show that the phone will both unlock and answer with the finger being drug down NOT across and on the answer or unlock icon. I wish Motorola would fix this so it had to be DIRECTLY OVER the icon of choice to unlock or answer. Limiting and preventing pocket answering.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My wife hates that too. Lol.. hopefully they'll address it... but you know, there would be people who complained about it having to be precise too :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Whatever happened to pocket detection? If the phone is in your pocket and it rings, the display shouldn't light, and so there would be no chance to accidentally answer (or hangup on the person calling), as I've done so many times already. I now have to be extra careful how I reach into my pocket, how I grab the phone (by the side edges only), and how I slide it out (screen facing outward).

I want pocket detection back again, or some other way to make this work.

GoBears

Reaction score
It's because on the Moto ICS lockscreen they avoided the "slide to unlock" patent crap. The icons need only to be tapped. No slide necessary. I personally like it but we should have the choice.

GoBears and FU Apple

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I'm sure you could fix this with a third party locker like go locker. I love the new lock screen personally, but i can imagine how it could be annoying

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Frankly, I can't stand a "locker". I always shut off screen locks since I never leave my phone anywhere that it could be compromised and I want to wake my phone to the home screen with a simple button push, no extra steps. This is why pocket detection worked well for me before. Now, it seems I am being forced to use a screen locker to simply prevent accidentally answering or hanging up a call while fumbling for my phone from out of my pocket.

Damn patent whores. They have to ruin it for everyone instead of just looking to patent technology that actually means something. I mean really...patenting the simple sidewards swipe and unlock. That's like patenting the turning of a door knob. :blink: Next, we'll have ILCO suing KWIKSET for violating their patent! Oh, wait...the patent was issued to Osbourn Dorsey for that in 1878 and apparently expired long ago (see below). I suppose we'll have to wait 100 years until we can have slide to unlock without licensing.

View attachment 54870 (Ref: Patent US210764 - IMPROVEMENT IN DOOR-HOLDING DEVICES - Google Patents - Google, Patent #210764)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
All these stupid patents prove to me is that apple is worried more and more people will choose Android. As Android devices become better and better, people are going to start questioning if apple is really "the best" so all they can do is try to block android from doing certain things. Grow a pair apple, and start focusing on making a product people will choose rather than limiting peoples choices. All these patents will do in the end is make them look like sore losers. I personally love the new lock screen. I didn't know they were forced into doing something different.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Slide to unlock and slide to dismiss alarm are the two things I miss from old school blur. It was so sexy. ._.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
when the screen is locked you can still pull down the notification bar and that is where most of it comes from. I bought, widget lockscreen, app and it lets you lock the notifications from pulling down.

UncleVanya

Reaction score
when the screen is locked you can still pull down the notification bar and that is where most of it comes from. I bought, widget lockscreen, app and it lets you lock the notifications from pulling down.

Do you have any lock set like a pin or graphic? I do and I'm not having that problem. I also can't see notifications without unlocking.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Chris Geiger

Reaction score
Good news this issue was resolved in the jelly bean release that was leaked in December. Pocket answering was a problem for me because I disabled the normal lock screen. Now there is a slide to unlock screen that you have to slide before you can answer. Slide rift to answer slide left to ignore the call. No more pocket pocket answering got me. I am loving JB.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Not with my Max hd

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums