Plz help

pledf420

Reaction score
I have been reading up on rooting my droid for a couple of weeks. I am pretty phone and computer savey so I finally went for it. I gained superuser access but now when i try to activate my phone it now says that I am on US Cellular network and no longer on Verizon. I have user activated my phone manually but still no data connection. If anyone knows of a fix please let me know. I fear having to send a rooted phone back for warranty. If there is anyone out there that can help it would be very appreciated.

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
still not totally clear on how to unroot with a phone with no data

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
i have heard of apps that unroot but know of nothing other

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
still not totally clear on how to unroot with a phone with no data
Download the file thru your PC, and transfer to your SDCard..... or am I missing something.
Also have you rebooted or checked data settings to see oif the 3G signal fires back up?

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
i have tried to use the sbf to factory reset still the same tried different sbf and different update files still the same

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
yes i have rebooted with still no signal

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Where did you get the phone from?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What did you do to gain root access? Seems odd that a VZW Droid would try to activate thru USCellular?
Data Roaming on?

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
I followed the directions on droid forum Rooting your droid and it worked the first time... I thought until I tried to activate. And yes data roaming is on.

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
I followed the directions on droid forum Rooting your droid and it worked the first time... I thought until I tried to activate. And yes data roaming is on.

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
Tried the stock sbf and the update thank you for that info it unrooted the phone but still has a triangle where the normal 3G signal is at, with the same problem activating

Last edited:

mcalhoun

Reaction score
Got one having the same issues with activation. May be the activation service.

OP
P

pledf420

Reaction score
I went into settings>mobile networks>system select i then selected a different system which gave me a connection error then restarted the phone. Went back and selected automatic again and I am now getting a 1x data signal but not a 3G. When using *228 to activate is says "Thank u for calling US Cellular automated roaming list update service."