Plus sign in front of my contact numbers

noslenwerd

Reaction score
This is unbelievably frustrating. First off this is my THIRD fascinate, and yet another issue. Some of my contacts are formated like this +1-724-555-1212, which will not allow me to text that contact.

1. Why is this happening
2. How can I fix this? This was not an issue in the past.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Does it make the number not dial?

OP
N

noslenwerd

Reaction score
No the numbers dial fine, but when I go to text the person it does not work. I don't get an error message, and it shows as sent, but the person never gets the text (tested this out on three different contacts, and is only happening when the + sign is there).

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
Two things...you can just edit the contacts phone number and take out the +1. Or my solution... I got google voice, which doesn't care about the +1, and I was able to cancel my texting plan because I don't get charges for texts with it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
N

noslenwerd

Reaction score
Two things...you can just edit the contacts phone number and take out the +1. Or my solution... I got google voice, which doesn't care about the +1, and I was able to cancel my texting plan because I don't get charges for texts with it.

I tried to edit manually, but it says "Unable to edit SNS contacts on phone"

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
Then hit the plus sign to add another phone number and enter the same number without the +1, our create a new contact and link them together. This will be your only option as the contact is currently pulling from another site you have set you're phone up to pull contacts from (aka Facebook)

OP
N

noslenwerd

Reaction score
Then hit the plus sign to add another phone number and enter the same number without the +1, our create a new contact and link them together. This will be your only option as the contact is currently pulling from another site you have set you're phone up to pull contacts from (aka Facebook)

ugh what a pain... That is going to take forever as this happened with about half of my contacts.. then once it syncs up with facebook after that it will just happen all over again?

No idea where its even getting the +1 from as its not that way on facebook.

Regardless, thanks for your help.

OP
N

noslenwerd

Reaction score
Go on to google sign in and then edit your contacts that way.

Would you mind giving me some details on how to do this? I've never tried to edit contacts through google.

Thanks!

Cloud3

Reaction score
i dont have this plus sign issue. And im only on my first fascinate. Does anyone else have this problem?

-Cloud

beej336

Reaction score
i have this problem. its a real pain. numbers that had been uploaded from facebook all got the +1 tagged onto them. so ive gone through my contacts and deleted these and replaced them with new contacts i did by hand. yet the phone still places the +1 on the persons name when i go to text or call them. no matter if i delete their name, enter the number in by hand, delete the text thread i have; it still comes back after the first text.

M

Mwsr

My 2nd fascinate did that.. I'm on my 3rd soon to be 4th maybe. They are offering to trade me out for a Dx, d2 or incredible now..

Nicola

Reaction score
I am having the same problems too! It is ridiculous. I can't text almost half of my contacts. Does anyone know if they are going to fix this?

Thank you!

M

Mwsr

Call in and get your phone replaced was no fix when I had mine.. I'm on my 3rd one now

can + string on 2.1