Plume wifi subscription

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Wow, another subscription for the consumer! Plume has announced you will need a subscription in order to purchase their products. wonder how much data they will be collecting and reselling about you.

I sure hope this is not the future. I remember when antivirus software start the subscription trend and just about every major software now requires a subscription.

Dubbed as Plume Adaptive WiFi, the service costs $60 each year (or $200 for a lifetime membership) and grants you access to things like parental controls, speed tests, and things Plume refers to as "security products" and "active management." It's still unclear what that "active management is", but according to The Verge, Plume's CEO described it as something like this:

We're attaching more and more devices to our routers — from computers to phones to streaming boxes to speakers to smart home gadgets — and it's all getting really complicated and needs

Plume is launching a $60/year subscription service for its Wi-Fi routers

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Why not just have a router for free wifi? Sounds like snake oil.

It is no different than those who purchase antivirus when the freebie is just as good. The problem is, some users will have to pay up to four subscriptions just for the internet if they get this
1. Internet
2. modem
3. wifi
4. for x amount of connected devices