pluggin in headphones starts music playback..disc calls..

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by xythil, Aug 6, 2010.

1. xythil

xythil New Member

how do I stop this..

Pluging in headphones starts msuic playback and disconnects my calls closes my browser/apps.

Hell sometimes even when the headphone plug moves around in the socket it starts playback..

How do I disbale please, and why does the droid headphone jack suck so much? Its scratchy and my headphones don't seem to fit properly when plugged in
  2. JosephMGaffney

JosephMGaffney New Member

Option 1) Search the market for "Headset Blocker", its a widget that should disable the controls.
    Option 2) Bluetooth headset

Whats happening is, the movement is causing a misread of a button event, so its triggering actions. I believe google is adding an option to manually disable, but don't take my word on that.
  3. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 New Member

Look at your headphone plug (the plug on the headphones, not the socket on the droid). Some headphones have 3 black/gold/random_color strips on the plug. This is most common on headphones designed for Apple products. The droid is only compatible with headphones with 2 strips. Using headphones with 3 strips is one of the frequent causes of the problem you described, especially the tight,scratchy fitting you mentioned.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
Search tags for this page

android 4.2, how do i detect headphone start/stop events

s3 music starts headphone

samsung call disconnects when earpiece plugged in

why when i connect my earphones it starts calling