pleeeeaaasssseee help with email!!

birdy

Reaction score
help:icon_eek: my emails from my pc (comcast) dont always make it to my phone.i have done as suggested and turned off/on phone, removed battery, talked to verizon (there IS no problem!!) and tried to understand the advice given to others in similar situations. should i send my pop3 thru gmail (not sure i can do that, but probably my kids can help) or download K9 - again i should only do this if it will trully be easy to do. also, will it change the way i handle my emails (send, receive, & will it look different to those i send it to, etc) and do i need to do anything to outlook express on my PC (again, maybe the kids could do this for me). thanks! birdy:heart:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have your email forwarded to Gmail. This can easily be done online from your gmail account on line in the settings.

OP
B

birdy

Reaction score
thanks - i will try this with kids' help!:unsure:

OP
B

birdy

Reaction score
one more thing - if i do this will i then be using gmail on my PC, or can i still use outlook there?

lschicky

Reaction score
one more thing - if i do this will i then be using gmail on my PC, or can i still use outlook there?

If you forward to gmail you'd use gmail on your PC. K9 works with outlook.

If you decide you like Gmail better, you can also use that with outlook. Perk to Gmail (or yahoo/hotmail/etc) they aren't tied to your ISP, so if you ever have to change ISPs you don't have to update your email address.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you decide you like Gmail better, you can also use that with outlook. Perk to Gmail (or yahoo/hotmail/etc) they aren't tied to your ISP, so if you ever have to change ISPs you don't have to update your email address.

Oh, that's right. I forgot, you can set up gmail to leave email on the server so then you can use outlook. Good call.

OP
B

birdy

Reaction score
thanks Hookbill, aminaked, and ischicky!! i tried to install K9 but am sure i did something wrong - it kept saying cannot proceed, sm something. i am going to try gmail now that you say i can keep my outlook - wish me luck! i may need some help:wacko:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks Hookbill, aminaked, and ischicky!! i tried to install K9 but am sure i did something wrong - it kept saying cannot proceed, sm something. i am going to try gmail now that you say i can keep my outlook - wish me luck! i may need some help:wacko:

Let us know. I think that the majority of people's problems are that don't properly forward their accounts to gmail.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use K9. To-date, my attempts to add my Corporate Exchange account have not been successful. K9 picked up my Gmail very easily. K9 has a disclaimer that adding Outlook (Exchange) can cause problems. My sense is that my inability to add Exchange is due to Penn States configuration (security). Therefore, I use the corporate email app while using two email apps is inconvenient it works.

Mike

OP
B

birdy

Reaction score
so true,Hook (may i call you that?), especially in my case! i took all the complaints i read with a grain of salt, knowing there may be others out there like myself who dont really know what they are doing (at least i KNOW i dont know what i am doing!). i have started the process with gmail, and they have lots of good instructions, even a demo for outlook version 3 which is what i have. when i first went to google i groaned - i didnt really know which option would give me what i wanted. this is going to take some time to figure out, but i always have my forum buddies to turn to if i get lost! thanks again, Birdy

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so true,Hook (may i call you that?), especially in my case! i took all the complaints i read with a grain of salt, knowing there may be others out there like myself who dont really know what they are doing (at least i KNOW i dont know what i am doing!). i have started the process with gmail, and they have lots of good instructions, even a demo for outlook version 3 which is what i have. when i first went to google i groaned - i didnt really know which option would give me what i wanted. this is going to take some time to figure out, but i always have my forum buddies to turn to if i get lost! thanks again, Birdy

Yes, it is very helpful in there and it's designed so even a novice can figure it out. And of course you can call me hook, says so in my signature. Just don't call me Bill or I'll send my Macaw with his 1000 lb per square inch powerful beat to bite you. (just kidding. He does have a mean bite though).:)