pleeeeaaasssseee help with email!!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by birdy, Mar 12, 2010.

1. birdy

birdy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    help:icon_eek: my emails from my pc (comcast) dont always make it to my phone.i have done as suggested and turned off/on phone, removed battery, talked to verizon (there IS no problem!!) and tried to understand the advice given to others in similar situations. should i send my pop3 thru gmail (not sure i can do that, but probably my kids can help) or download K9 - again i should only do this if it will trully be easy to do. also, will it change the way i handle my emails (send, receive, & will it look different to those i send it to, etc) and do i need to do anything to outlook express on my PC (again, maybe the kids could do this for me). thanks! birdy:heart:

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Have your email forwarded to Gmail. This can easily be done online from your gmail account on line in the settings.

3. birdy

birdy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks - i will try this with kids' help!:unsure:

4. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use k9. Set folders to view to all.

5. birdy

birdy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    one more thing - if i do this will i then be using gmail on my PC, or can i still use outlook there?

6. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you forward to gmail you'd use gmail on your PC. K9 works with outlook.

7. lschicky

lschicky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you decide you like Gmail better, you can also use that with outlook. Perk to Gmail (or yahoo/hotmail/etc) they aren't tied to your ISP, so if you ever have to change ISPs you don't have to update your email address.

8. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, that's right. I forgot, you can set up gmail to leave email on the server so then you can use outlook. Good call.

9. birdy

birdy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Hookbill, aminaked, and ischicky!! i tried to install K9 but am sure i did something wrong - it kept saying cannot proceed, sm something. i am going to try gmail now that you say i can keep my outlook - wish me luck! i may need some help:wacko:

10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Let us know. I think that the majority of people's problems are that don't properly forward their accounts to gmail.

11. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I use K9. To-date, my attempts to add my Corporate Exchange account have not been successful. K9 picked up my Gmail very easily. K9 has a disclaimer that adding Outlook (Exchange) can cause problems. My sense is that my inability to add Exchange is due to Penn States configuration (security). Therefore, I use the corporate email app while using two email apps is inconvenient it works.

Mike

12. birdy

birdy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so true,Hook (may i call you that?), especially in my case! i took all the complaints i read with a grain of salt, knowing there may be others out there like myself who dont really know what they are doing (at least i KNOW i dont know what i am doing!). i have started the process with gmail, and they have lots of good instructions, even a demo for outlook version 3 which is what i have. when i first went to google i groaned - i didnt really know which option would give me what i wanted. this is going to take some time to figure out, but i always have my forum buddies to turn to if i get lost! thanks again, Birdy