baunlee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 4
Hi everyone. I am back together with my droid after leaving Apple.

And while I was "making up" with the concept of android I was simultaneously breaking up with my boyfriend from the past 4+ years. After being with someone that long (and especially if he's a man child like mine) you tend to know his email and every account password. Well I entered his GMAIL into my gmail app before (or mid) break up.

NOW, FML all of his apps are showing up on my phone!!!! This is super annoying because I could care less about a calculator that determines refrigeration statistics.

On the other hand, I'm a little worried that MY apps will begin to show up on his droid which he got yesterday. Aside from the fact that he's copying me, I wouldn't want him to know what is on my phone or vice versa. If some day he decides to use Tinder, I'd rather not know. I don't need the distraction as breaking up with him was the first adult thing I've done in awhile and yeah. HELP. I looked for things online which stated to go to google >settings> unsync> restart. I tried that. His apps are still here. Our phones should not be linked in any other way. I know he does not know ANY of my email information and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't spell my last name. So I highly doubt he had anything to do with the app dump on my phone. But as soon as he activated his new phone, all his crap is on mine.

Help, I'm really not good with technology and this is ruining my lifeeeee

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum @baunlee.

You will need to do a factory reset. This will bring your phone back to the way it was out of the box.

NOW.. enter your own email when prompted too and your problem should be resolved..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, welcome to DF, baunlee! Exactly what they said! Do a factory data reset, use your email address. Before doing that, go into your settings then accounts and make sure you unsync any accounts that are not yours. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
B

baunlee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 4
I didnt explain this well because I did not link any google account to this phone. I dont use any kinds of clouds or other phone link bullish. You can use the phone without linking an account. Any time i am asked to allow permissions for something I say no. My phone does not back up onto any.thing.

I only put in emails when I went to use gmail app. Also, his email was the third one added so not anything primary.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I didnt explain this well because I did not link any google account to this phone. I dont use any kinds of clouds or other phone link bullish. You can use the phone without linking an account. Any time i am asked to allow permissions for something I say no. My phone does not back up onto any.thing.

I only put in emails when I went to use gmail app. Also, his email was the third one added so not anything primary.
As soon as you enter his account into the Gmail app it adds it as a Google account and will sync games, apps, contacts, email, google+, calenders, and more.

Note 4tified

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your best bet is, as everyone has suggested, to factory reset and start fresh. Then create your own Google account. If you sign into his email account again you'll be back in the same situation.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
To use an Android you need your own Gmail, simply put. You can use other email accounts, pop, exchange etc, but need your own Gmail to access google.
Without your own Gmail account, if you put his in, you're going to get his stuff.