Please tell me there is a way...

gcurtis79

Reaction score
Is there a way to get my full 16gb back from my droid4? I know the 'weptop' uses a section of it, I wouldn't mind getting rid of that as the likelyhood of me ever using it is pretty damn slim...

View attachment 55777 View attachment 55778

I don't understand why 5gb would be allocated to never-never land.... I would really like to shrink that... I have SafeStrap 2.11 installed, so is the 'Partition SD Card' the option I want? And what size should I make it?

Thanks in advance.
-Greg

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is there a way to get my full 16gb back from my droid4? I know the 'weptop' uses a section of it, I wouldn't mind getting rid of that as the likelyhood of me ever using it is pretty damn slim...

View attachment 55777 View attachment 55778

I don't understand why 5gb would be allocated to never-never land.... I would really like to shrink that... I have SafeStrap 2.11 installed, so is the 'Partition SD Card' the option I want? And what size should I make it?

Thanks in advance.
-Greg

Speaking from a RAZR's perspective, but I believe the 4 operates much the same, I don't believe you can, or should mess with the partition settings for the internal SD card. They are divided into sections for good reason, and to mess with those allocations could render your phone partially or totally useless, at least temporarily. It will also result in data loss and could destroy the currently installed ROM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

gcurtis79

Reaction score
I install roms like I change jeans.... data loss not an issue, but I really want the missing 5 gigs.....

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

outsid0r

Reaction score
it maybe your phone, im looking now and i see things differently, granted im on the safe side with eclipse and my total space says 16GB, wondering what your current setup is

OP
G

gcurtis79

Reaction score
When i took the screenshots? Stock as can be, fresh fastboot install of the stock 6.16.217 system. Currently running the deodexed release. But ive run CM9, AOKP/AOSP, Kilo, KANG, you name it... I'm about to start tweaking this rom (deodexed stock) or start modding my own clean stock...

Either way, I'd like to be able to use the entire 16gb, or at least more than 8gb... i bought a 16gb phone for a reason, not a damn 8gb...

Sent from my DROID4