Please support this thread regarding the RAZR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I guess my view may be a little one sided because I knew enough about the situation to not buy the phone. You must not go to Howard Forums, there was more info about it over there. Also, I didn't consider the delay as them ironing out bugs.The delay was simply them trying to make it at least usable. Most of you may have considered it that, but I guess most of you were wrong. Like I said, I can understand why you're upset but at the same time a little research goes a long way. I seriously doubt that Motorola is going to do anything for the people who bought Bionics. Although I saw something saying that they're taking the Bionics off shelves or something like that http://www.acsyndicate.net/verizon-m...f-the-shelves/ .

DamirD1984

Reaction score
I do think that the Bionic was a so called "disappointment" at the time it was released. I did not see it any better, I've seen it worse because of the pentile screen, than the offering of dual-core devices on other carriers, that have been available months on prior Bionics release. The ONLY time I agreed with rule all machines gimmick, was, if compared to the VZW lineup of phones, at the time of the release once again. I gave it a try, had to exchange mine 3 days later, due to random reboots, it was fixed, but after 10 days, I wasn't happy with it, mainly cause of the pentile screen.

It felt like, they rushed the Bionic. just to release it, cause of all the hype...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sure there were rumors of a very thin device coming out. However the Bionic was supposed to be the best. No one realistically thought the "thin" device would be MORE powerful than the larger buggy Bionic.

We were had.

tcayton49

Reaction score
That's just it... most people wouldn't be so irked if the Bionic worked correctly. It's like them saying, or at least gives the impression of, "Ok well that failed, let's see how this one does". Now we should all know software updates and bug fixes don't happen overnight. So you are correct in their marketing, as to announce the razr the same day as the nexus. But at the very least, they could have sent an email to Bionic owners saying they were aware of their concerns and are at work in resolving the issues. We got a bug list. With a tentative date for an update. A simple email I think would make a lot of Bionic owners feel a lot less duped and not forgotten about..

I'm really not understanding you. In one sentence you say "they could have sent an email to Bionic owners saying they were aware of the concerns and are at work in resolving the issues" Then the very next sentence you say "we got a bug list. with a tentative date for an update" You said what they should do, and then said they did it IN THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE!! And the bug list and update date was from an email that a Bionic user got from Moto. So basically are you trying to say people are upset because they want Moto to give them what Moto is giving them?
Yes the Bionic has issues, but EVERY SINGLE SMARTPHONE IN THE HISTORY OF SMARTPHONES has had issues at release. All of them. Not a single exception exists in the history of the world. If people are upset about that, then they should get out of the smartphone market because that issue aint going away. Ever. From any manufacturer. Are they releasing the Razr before addressing the issues with the Bionic? No they're not. They've addressed them, and are working on fixes that could very well be out before the Razr. If not, it will be very soon afterwards.
This is a huge case of buyer's remorse that has exploded into something incredibly silly

Sorry if that was confusing to you, what I meant was we received a bug list. We aren't sure where that list originated or who saw it, I'm sure there are 1000's of Bionic owners who don't read forums, thus not seeing the bug list. What I was/am trying to get through to you is that if Motorola or Verizon, prior to the release of the RAZR had sent out an email to Bionic owners stating they were aware of and addressing the issues would have made many Bionic owners happier knowing they are not being left out in the cold, now that's not to hard for you to understand is it?

As you keep repeating yourself with the words 'Buyers Remorse', initially I did have some after learning about the RAZR, but as I stated in other posts (Read them this time) I wouldn't buy a phone where you cannot remove the battery.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I guess my view may be a little one sided because I knew enough about the situation to not buy the phone. You must not go to Howard Forums, there was more info about it over there. Also, I didn't consider the delay as them ironing out bugs.The delay was simply them trying to make it at least usable. Most of you may have considered it that, but I guess most of you were wrong. Like I said, I can understand why you're upset but at the same time a little research goes a long way. I seriously doubt that Motorola is going to do anything for the people who bought Bionics. Although I saw something saying that they're taking the Bionics off shelves or something like that http://www.acsyndicate.net/verizon-m...f-the-shelves/ .

No, but actually thank you for pointing that forum out to me, I wasn't aware of it. But if your referring to this: "A tip from an inside source has indicated that the Motorola Droid Bionic may be taken off the shelves due to an unknown issue. " Well, 'an inside unknown source' really doesn't mean a thing. Especially with no explanation. I guess we will just all have to wait and see what happens :)

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You thought a subsequent device was going to be less powerful? Hmm.... And no problem, the insiders over there are pretty good and one basically talked bad about the Bionic before it came out. An yeah it could mean anything but I honestly believe Moto didn't want to go forth with the Bionic but had to just because of some kind of obligation.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. Is that so shocking? Many people want a thin phone. I believed it would be 3g or not dual core. Since the Bionic had just come out literally weeks earlier I figured there was no way they had the technology to make it that small otherwise the Bionic would be the same.

Why doesn't that logic compute?

You thought a subsequent device was going to be less powerful? Hmm....

tcayton49

Reaction score
Sure there were rumors of a very thin device coming out. However the Bionic was supposed to be the best. No one realistically thought the "thin" device would be MORE powerful than the larger buggy Bionic.

We were had.

That's kinda hilarious that you say that. How is it that no one thought the "thin" device would be MORE powerful than the buggy Bionic when there was a leak a couple of months ago that had the Specs listed and they were dead on accurate? Not extremely close, but dead on. the size, processor, screen,even the Kevlar back. every single spec was correct. So don't go saying no one expected it when we had the exact specs already leaked.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I can understand your logic but they started building the Bionic a really long time ago so although the phone had just come out there was a lot of improvements to the tech they had available in that time. That's my thinking anyway.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
Sigh.. some people are just dense. Motorola swindled us, they had a better phone in hand and sold us a inferior phone under false pretenses via their marketing campaign. Many people saying they would buy the Bionic if given the choice between it and the RAZR and yet those same people also say that Moto should not allow us to return the Bionic for a RAZR as Moto would lose money from all the returns, which is it guys? Hey, i hear Moto is telling stores to stop selling Bionics because they can't make enough for demand, well i'll gladly trade mine in for now and buy a RAZR when it comes out, oh wait.. or is Moto artificially lowering supply of the Bionic to raise demand for the more expensive RAZR that's a couple weeks away? :blink:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And just a FYI, VZW and Motorola has come out with many mid-range phones in between flagship phones. I don't even know where that came from.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sigh.. some people are just dense. Motorola swindled us, they had a better phone in hand and sold us a inferior phone under false pretenses via their marketing campaign. Many people saying they would buy the Bionic if given the choice between it and the RAZR and yet those same people also say that Moto should not allow us to return the Bionic for a RAZR as Moto would lose money from all the returns, which is it guys? Hey, i hear Moto is telling stores to stop selling Bionics because they can't make enough for demand, well i'll gladly trade mine in for now and buy a RAZR when it comes out, oh wait.. or is Moto artificially lowering supply of the Bionic to raise demand for the more expensive RAZR that's a couple weeks away? :blink:

I agree, can lead a horse to water but can't force it to drink ..

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Man.. this is hilarious.
Thanks for making me laugh hysterically today.
Weather sucks so I was feeling down... now I'm suddenly in a great mood after reading the last 2 pages.

:D

tcayton49

Reaction score
Really? Really? I loved those bionic commercials. I've seen each of them dozens of times. And I just rewatched them again after reading your post. There isn't a single thing in any of the commercials that is inaccurate. Everything they said the Bionic will do, it does. they made a marketing campaign which highlighted things that the phone actually does. How is that false pretenses?
And your second point makes absolutely no sense. I like the Bionic better than what I've seen from the Razr so far. What in the world does that have to do with not thinking people should get to exchange a product for something newer because they think they'll like it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.