Please support this thread regarding the RAZR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANhacker

Reaction score
That's not what the OP is arguing for. Let's just say for arguments sake, people who go out and get the nexus, and it isn't what they expected, then a month later the galaxy nexus 3 or whatever comes out with no prior announcement, with improved performance. I doubt anyone would sit back and take that lightly.

I see your point but I am hearing rumors there will be a "Nexus Prime" announced in a few weeks which will blow away the "Galaxy Nexus". That said, if I choose to buy the Galaxy Nexus now, should I be able to replace it with the Prime in December? I don't think so. We choose to be in this Android world for a reason. Choice!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
There is no Nexus Prime. There never was. The Samsung Droid Prime will replace the Droid Charge. Wait and see. ;)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
We expect it from other manufacturers. We don't expect it from the same manufacturer within weeks. If the Bionic had been released when it was supposed to, and the RAZR was coming out now, that's a totally different situation.

My common sense now tells me that I won't own another Moto product. ;)

Exactly!!

BeerManMike

Reaction score
I see what you're saying. But what's the point? Are you going to play the waiting game your whole life? At some point you will need to pull the trigger on a purchase. And you should know that there will always be something better in the horizon. I would think that is fairly common sense stuff...

We were never playing the "waiting" game, we did pull the trigger but Moto with held info about a superior upcoming product that was in the final testing phases, passed them all or for all we know is in production already. There is always something better but usually not from the same company and definitely not an announcement 6 weeks later. If they announced it in December, took preorders December 20 or whatever and sold it beginning of Jan then all is fine, no biggie. Marketing your phone as the phone to control all other, best of the best in your 2011 lineup, flagship phone then releasing a better one 2 months later is a dick move. It didn't go from flagship to dinghy, but it sure is a forgotten ship in the middle somewhere.

Making a smartphone takes alot of time and money, they were making both the Bionic and the world thinnest LTE phone side by side for a time and deceptively sold people (including my company of 30+ phones so far) an inferior phone. It was deceptive because they knew they had this other better phone and didn't say anything, that's being sneaky and deceptive and it's wrong to do to loyal customers. If, when they Bionic was about to release they gave the choice to buy it now or wait for the RAZR and gave the presentation for it, pictures and specs, most would wait out for it, i know I would. I know in two years when all these new contracts are up and it's time to upgrade my recommendation to our IT manager (I purchase all the hardware for our company) would be to buy pure google if not Moto or a Samsung phone, NOT Motorola.

tcayton49

Reaction score
This is one of the more ridiculous threads/views/ideas I've read in quite awhile. People aren't using any kind of logical thought whatsoever. Unfortunately, you can't argue with emotions and that's what's driving this whole nonsense. People will just feel what they feel.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is one of the more ridiculous threads/views/ideas I've read in quite awhile. People aren't using any kind of logical thought whatsoever. Unfortunately, you can't argue with emotions and that's what's driving this whole nonsense. People will just feel what they feel.

You're right, it is partly emotions. But it's also concerns good business practice, public relations, and marketing. People feel duped. It's human nature. I personally don't want a razr, but when you are launching a flagship device for $300, that doesn't work correctly, then go and release a new flagship device (Meaning same company) a month and 1/2 later, before addressing the issues with the first flagship device, people are going to feel duped. If you can't understand the logic in that I don't know what else to tell you.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're right, it is partly emotions. But it's also concerns good business practice, public relations, and marketing. People feel duped. It's human nature. I personally don't want a razr, but when you are launching a flagship device for $300, that doesn't work correctly, then go and release a new flagship device (Meaning same company) a month and 1/2 later, before addressing the issues with the first flagship device, people are going to feel duped. If you can't understand the logic in that I don't know what else to tell you.

I understand the logic in that (feeling duped), but the OP and the thread saying Motorola should give exchanges is a little silly.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I understand the logic in that (feeling duped), but the OP and the thread saying Motorola should give exchanges is a little silly.

Maybe giving replacements is going a little to far, but maybe, like I said before, do what apple did when they released I believe was the 1st iphone then came out with one a little better a short time later, they gave the early adapters a choice to upgrade for a reduced price. To me I don't really see the razr as an upgrade yet, as I haven't seen it, so I don't know. People can spit out specs till their mouth runs dry or their fingers fall off, but until it's in your hand you never really know.

Reaction score
I think what needs to be said has already been said - you buy the device you think you like at the time. If you want to wait for the next best thing you will forever wait. Sure, it appears that Motorola may have pulled a fast one with the release of the RAZR but like it has been said, it's a different phone for a different buyer. I don't see a problem with Motorola's sales strategy.

My OG Droid is nearly useless. I'm running PE 6.5 which has allowed me to use the phone until now, but it's done... To many issues to list. I need a new phone now, and I'm eligible on 10/26. As much as the RAZR looks like a nice device, the Bionic - even with all of its current bugs and that screen-door screen I witnessed at the store - is still within the parameters I want in a phone. So, my desperate need for a new phone, coupled with my acceptance of the features and soon-to-be-fixed bugs, means I'm okay with buying the Bionic. I want the removable battery and removable media, and I refuse to buy a Samsung based on the company's poor update record. I won't even wait for the inevitable price drop that will happen with the Bionic because I've made a decision that I need the product.

I will eventually root it and mod it as much as the development community will provide, and hopefully load ICS on it, thereby sort-of "creating" a new Bionic for my tastes.

jcardona1

Reaction score

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think what needs to be said has already been said - you buy the device you think you like at the time. If you want to wait for the next best thing you will forever wait. Sure, it appears that Motorola may have pulled a fast one with the release of the RAZR but like it has been said, it's a different phone for a different buyer. I don't see a problem with Motorola's sales strategy.

My OG Droid is nearly useless. I'm running PE 6.5 which has allowed me to use the phone until now, but it's done... To many issues to list. I need a new phone now, and I'm eligible on 10/26. As much as the RAZR looks like a nice device, the Bionic - even with all of its current bugs and that screen-door screen I witnessed at the store - is still within the parameters I want in a phone. So, my desperate need for a new phone, coupled with my acceptance of the features and soon-to-be-fixed bugs, means I'm okay with buying the Bionic. I want the removable battery and removable media, and I refuse to buy a Samsung based on the company's poor update record. I won't even wait for the inevitable price drop that will happen with the Bionic because I've made a decision that I need the product.

I will eventually root it and mod it as much as the development community will provide, and hopefully load ICS on it, thereby sort-of "creating" a new Bionic for my tastes.

That's just it... most people wouldn't be so irked if the Bionic worked correctly. It's like them saying, or at least gives the impression of, "Ok well that failed, let's see how this one does". Now we should all know software updates and bug fixes don't happen overnight. So you are correct in their marketing, as to announce the razr the same day as the nexus. But at the very least, they could have sent an email to Bionic owners saying they were aware of their concerns and are at work in resolving the issues. We got a bug list. With a tentative date for an update. A simple email I think would make a lot of Bionic owners feel a lot less duped and not forgotten about..

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's just it... most people wouldn't be so irked if the Bionic worked correctly. It's like them saying, or at least gives the impression of, "Ok well that failed, let's see how this one does". Now we should all know software updates and bug fixes don't happen overnight. So you are correct in their marketing, as to announce the razr the same day as the nexus. But at the very least, they could have sent an email to Bionic owners saying they were aware of their concerns and are at work in resolving the issues. We got a bug list. With a tentative date for an update. A simple email I think would make a lot of Bionic owners feel a lot less duped and not forgotten about..

Yes, I see your point. I probably would have felt the same way if I were in the same situation. It's amazing how just a little gesture as an email to their existing customers would go a long way. That would be good customer governance.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I can see why Bionic users would feel duped, they really were duped. They seriously believed that the Bionic was going to be a great phone. If you're on a site like this you KNEW that the Bionic had been having problems which is why it was delayed in the first place and you KNEW that Motorola was working on another device. Yet for some reason, you still hopped on the hype wagon and bought the Bionic. Seems to me like you just made a really bad decision. You want to be mad at somebody, be mad at yourself because you were the one who thought it would be a good idea to buy the phone. There's a reason manufacturers and carriers keep the phones under wraps. They don't want people to not buy a phone just because there is a better one coming out. It's up to you to be smart and see what's coming and if you're a member of a site like this you have no excuse. I thought the Bionic was going to be a good phone too, like 6 months ago, then I saw the light.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I can see why Bionic users would feel duped, they really were duped. They seriously believe that the Bionic was going to be a great phone. If you're on a site like this you KNEW that the Bionic had been having problems which is why it was delayed in the first place and you KNEW that Motorola was working on another device. Yet for some reason, you still hopped on the hype wagon and bought the Bionic. Seems to me like you just made a really bad decision. You want to be mad at somebody, be mad at yourself because you were the one who thought it would be a good idea to buy the phone. There's a reason manufacturers and carriers keep the phones under wraps. They don't want people to not buy a phone just because there is a better one coming out. It's up to you to be smart and see what's coming and if you're a member of a site like this you have no excuse.

You are obviously looking at this from a 1 sided view. Most of us considered the delay as Motorola ironing out the bugs. To blame people for purchasing a phone 'as advertised' is in absolutely no way their fault. And you say users knew motorola was working on something else? So far all's I've seen was one picture posted a few months ago of an 'unknown' device, which turned out to be the razr. We assumed, incorrectly that motorola was perfecting the Bionic, we bit and continue to bite the bullet. You say "be mad at yourself?" Why? Because we believed the word of a reputable company? And you saying it's the users fault is completely uncalled for and totally untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.