Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think most people are missing the point here. The point was, the Bionic was billed as 'The Machine to Rule all Machines'. And a month later they release what appears as of now, to be just a better version of the phone. Iphone did this after the 1st Iphone was released, with a small additional charge.

Those who say there will always be a better phone out tomorrow are absolutely correct. This is a little different. They released a phone, filled with bugs, which in my opinion, shows that they were concentrating more on the other 2 devices released yesterday instead of doing any real testing on the Bionic.

I know the Bionic will receive an OTA update, but in good faith, Moto should allow Bionic users to exchange. Buyers remorse? Maybe a little, maybe I just think we were mislead about the Bionic only to have dirt thrown in our eyes. Either way, I'm not unhappy I bought the bionic, irked at the bugs, but like I said am sure they will be corrected..

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hate to break the bad news to you, we're at the 6 week mark right now since the release of Bionic.
RAZR will be on the streets 2 months after the launch of Bionic.. pretty similar to the D3 being 2 months prior to Bionic.. the X2 being just shy of 2 months prior to D3... and on and on it goes.

This is the cycle. Get used to it.
2 months after you get your beloved Nexus/Prime/Whateverthehellitscalledtoday you'll be moaning about the next great thing.

You can't compare candy bar and keyboard phones

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Razr isn't available yet. By the time it is the bionic will have been out for 3 months. So that seems like a fair amount of time. At any rate if you want the latest tech then you're always going to have either buyers remorse or deep pockets.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think most people are missing the point here. The point was, the Bionic was billed as 'The Machine to Rule all Machines'. And a month later they release what appears as of now, to be just a better phone version of the phone. Iphone did this after the 1st Iphone was released, with a small additional charge.

Those who say there will always be a better phone out tomorrow are absolutely correct. This is a little different. They released a phone, filled with bugs, which in my opinion, shows that they were concentrating more on the other 2 devices released yesterday instead of doing any real testing on the Bionic.

I know the Bionic will receive an OTA update, but in good faith, Moto should allow Bionic users to exchange. Buyers remorse? Maybe a little, maybe I just think we were mislead about the Bionic only to have dirt thrown in our eyes. Either way, I'm not unhappy I bought the bionic, irked at the bugs, but like I said am sure they will be corrected..

I don't have any bugs and I don't want the razr but I completely agree with the rest. .because of what motorola did this will be the last motorola phone my family buys... and we've had at least 7 over the years.. for them to release a competitive phone within two months of their flagship is sickening

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Phone hasn't been released yet, it was merely an announcement. By the time its out it will be 3 months for the bionic.

tcayton49

Reaction score
I think most people are missing the point here. The point was, the Bionic was billed as 'The Machine to Rule all Machines'. And a month later they release what appears as of now, to be just a better version of the phone. Iphone did this after the 1st Iphone was released, with a small additional charge.

I think the point you are trying to make is off base. TO me the Razr doesn't look like its better than the Bionic. I think the screen is worse, I think the look is worse, and to me the non-removable battery is just a horrendous idea. I don't think they are releasing a "better" phone, just one that will appeal to different people. I can guarantee that even after the Razr comes out, people will still by the Bionic because it will appeal to them more than others. And if anyone is upset with any company for releasing a product to appeal to a different segment of the market, then they are just clueless.
And you bring up the point about it having bugs when it was released. You should be embarrassed to try and use that as an argument. I mean, please tell me one smartphone that has ever been released without bugs? It has nothing to do with how much testing or what other phones they are working on, and as a news team member/super mod, you should know that.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think the point you are trying to make is off base. TO me the Razr doesn't look like its better than the Bionic. I think the screen is worse, I think the look is worse, and to me the non-removable battery is just a horrendous idea. I don't think they are releasing a "better" phone, just one that will appeal to different people. I can guarantee that even after the Razr comes out, people will still by the Bionic because it will appeal to them more than others. And if anyone is upset with any company for releasing a product to appeal to a different segment of the market, then they are just clueless.
And you bring up the point about it having bugs when it was released. You should be embarrassed to try and use that as an argument. I mean, please tell me one smartphone that has ever been released without bugs? It has nothing to do with how much testing or what other phones they are working on, and as a news team member/super mod, you should know that.

I agree with you on the phone appealing to a different group of people and the un-removeable battery kills it for me.

If you read more then 1 post that I put up today, you would have noticed I said in MOST of them, that their will never be a phone that is problem-free.

For Reference:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...ill-new-razr-impact-bionic-8.html#post1795968
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...ill-new-razr-impact-bionic-8.html#post1795939
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...ill-new-razr-impact-bionic-7.html#post1795738

And that's just today..

Maybe next time take the time to research a persons posts before making assumptions..

OriginOfHysteria

Reaction score
I think i would be legit peeved if ICS doesnt go to the bionic since its going to tge Razr because then what does that say about updates to the phone?

SANhacker

Reaction score
Geesh. Maybe we should make it a requirement for Android to only announce one phone per year. Kind of like iPhone. Then we wouldn't have any buyers remorse.

Then again, with Moto, Samsung, LG, HTC, etc. all announcing android devices, maybe we should allow them all to compete for our business and make informed decisions as to what we buy. Let's call it capitalism and see how it rolls.

With all the rumors for Vigor, Nexus, RAZR, HD, Prime, etc. we all knew there were going to be new phones by the holidays when the Bionic was announced. Pick one and move on.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Geesh. Maybe we should make it a requirement for Android to only announce one phone per year. Kind of like iPhone. Then we wouldn't have any buyers remorse.

Then again, with Moto, Samsung, LG, HTC, etc. all announcing android devices, maybe we should allow them all to compete for our business and make informed decisions as to what we buy. Let's call it capitalism and see how it rolls.

With all the rumors for Vigor, Nexus, RAZR, HD, Prime, etc. we all knew there were going to be new phones by the holidays when the Bionic was announced. Pick one and move on.

That's not what the OP is arguing for. Let's just say for arguments sake, people who go out and get the nexus, and it isn't what they expected, then a month later the galaxy nexus 3 or whatever comes out with no prior announcement, with improved performance. I doubt anyone would sit back and take that lightly.

jcardona1

Reaction score
That's not what the OP is arguing for. Let's just say for arguments sake, people who go out and get the nexus, and it isn't what they expected, then a month later the galaxy nexus 3 or whatever comes out with no prior announcement, with improved performance. I doubt anyone would sit back and take that lightly.

I see what you're saying. But what's the point? Are you going to play the waiting game your whole life? At some point you will need to pull the trigger on a purchase. And you should know that there will always be something better in the horizon. I would think that is fairly common sense stuff...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I see what you're saying. But what's the point? Are you going to play the waiting game your whole life? At some point you will need to pull the trigger on a purchase. And you should know that there will always be something better in the horizon. I would think that is fairly common sense stuff...

I agree with you 100%. It's just when we DO make that decision, we want it to work! lol :)

ConqSoft

Reaction score

We expect it from other manufacturers. We don't expect it from the same manufacturer within weeks. If the Bionic had been released when it was supposed to, and the RAZR was coming out now, that's a totally different situation.

My common sense now tells me that I won't own another Moto product. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.