Please support this thread regarding the RAZR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I don't understand the logic. There will always be a better phone right around the corner. Soon we'll see something better than the Razr. At the time, the Bionic was the best phone. Now it's the Razr. Why is that Motorola's fault? Their job is to build phones and keep improving. Should they sit on their thumbs and not release phones so previous model owners don't get butt-hurt?

tcayton49

Reaction score
I don't understand the logic. There will always be a better phone right around the corner. Soon we'll see something better than the Razr. At the time, the Bionic was the best phone. Now it's the Razr. Why is that Motorola's fault? Their job is to build phones and keep improving. Should they sit on their thumbs and not release phones so previous model owners don't get butt-hurt?

^^^this times a thousand!!

Its kind of embarrassing to see so many people whining because Motorola dares to continue to try and make better phones. "its too soon, its too soon" kinda ridiculous IMO

kurumatt

Reaction score
Remember when the OG Droid ran at 550mhz and then had an update? Maybe they will do the same for the bionic.
While I am disappointed that a better device is out so soon because I also would have waited, I'm still happy with my phone.

Sent from my UNLEASHED bionic

warrior21

Reaction score
So because it is a little newer that automatically makes it better? A handful of phones came out after I got the d1 and in my opinion none of them came close to fitting my needs better. Better is always subjective. You bought the bionic so either live with that decision or pony up some more money for a new phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Its the nature of android. You'll always find a better phone. While it sucks for the bionic owners there really is no reason why Motorola should replace bionics with razrs

smokiedabong

Reaction score
LMAO , all the manufacturers should do this , this is bull , I payed $2000 for my new computer and weeks later Intel launches Sandy Bridge , I demand a free upgrade . I payed $38.000 for my car and only months after they have a new model , I demand a upograde to the new model . I bought Battlefield 2 and now they gonna release 3 ? What is this ? Government shoud put some regulations into place to stop technical development , at least for 2 years at a time . And today was the last straw , I bought a chicken burrito from this place cause they didn't had stake , today I stop at the same place and they have steak , WTF , I demand a free steak burrito .

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
LMAO , all the manufacturers should do this , this is bull , I payed $2000 for my new computer and weeks later Intel launches Sandy Bridge , I demand a free upgrade . I payed $38.000 for my car and only months after they have a new model , I demand a upograde to the new model . I bought Battlefield 2 and now they gonna release 3 ? What is this ? Government shoud put some regulations into place to stop technical development , at least for 2 years at a time . And today was the last straw , I bought a chicken burrito from this place cause they didn't had stake , today I stop at the same place and they have steak , WTF , I demand a free steak burrito .

did somebody say steak?????

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
IF I wanted to switch it would be the Nexus, not the Razr (just don't like the idea of not being able to change the battery). But as the Bionic works for me, I'm not going to jump.

SmegmusMagnus

Reaction score
It doesn't suck for this Bionic owner; this is a great phone which has been bug free for me since launch day.

It's natural for smartyphone geeks to get antsy and excited when new devices come out; it's also a fundamental that we live in a materialistic, consumer - driven culture, as do the corporate monoliths that help us perpetuate said culture.

Ultimately, we made our choice; in a perfect world, we'd all be happy - as it is, some won't be. Such is life.

I will say logic dictates that the Razr was largely through development when the ad campaign the OP in the linked post above complains about came out; in the end, this really isn't relevant either, though.

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator

OriginOfHysteria

Reaction score
I agree with all of the above. I was in a different circumstance however because my Droid Incredible stopped working and I had no other choice but to upgrade my phone or lose my unlimited data plan by going with an older phone as a placeholder. This happened the day after the Bionic came out, so of course I just upgraded for the sake of getting a new phone that worked. Now it sucks because I couldn't return the phone because I had no other phone to use, and devices like the Nexus Prime were on the horizon, so I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Now don't get me wrong, the Bionic is awesome and I love this device and I would still keep it even if I was offered the "switch". But I also imagine that there were people in my situation as well who feel shafted.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm not changing phones, even if they gave it to me for free.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me put it this way. Full disclosure I am a 20 year Trial Attorney.

Motorola and Verizon originally slated the Bionic for early 2011 and delayed it due to problems.

Then they announced it 6-8 weeks ago and said it was the machine to rule all machines, it was the flagship phone, etc..

I had patiently been waiting to upgrade my OG Droid for months waiting for the release of the Bionic. I suffered with a phone that was barely keeping a charge and where I had to have it in a charger nearly all the time. But I knew I would be getting the best so I waited.

Logically in the 6-8 months of delay for the Bionic I had assumed they were making it the best device they could. The thinnest, the fastest, the best screen, the best camera, the best body, etc...

Then I got it. I was very happy with it however it was a mystery to me why it had so many problems after 6-8 months of refinement. It's very clear to me NOW that there hadn't been that much refinement because Motorola was working on the RAZR.

The Bionic creaks because it has a cheap plastic back. I had to put electrical tape on the inside back to stop it. Even my old Droid had a steel back.

6 weeks later out comes a phone that has a Kevlar back and is being advertised as basically waterproof and almost impossible to break. Why wasn't this on the Bionic?

The camera software in the Bionic was programmed by a monkey. No I'm not saying the person who programmed it was as intelligent as a monkey I'm saying I think you had an actual monkey do it.

6 weeks later the RAZR is boasting of it's camera improvements.

You gave us a Pentile screen when it is now obvious you could have given us the same screen as the RAZR.

We cannot move things to the external SD card using your own software because it moves it to the media area just to vanish. There is NO WAY if this was tested someone wouldn't have caught it.

You add software like Social Location that's worse than any malware anyone can put on a phone.

Clearly the Bionic was the ugly stepchild. I could go on and on with my list. Why doesn't the 3g/4g radio go off when wi-fi is on?

So today we learn that not only could you build a more powerful phone but you could do it and make it the smallest thinest most durable phone that exists. And to our shock and suprise you were able to put a faster dual processer in it and still have 4g LTE and all of the goodies and more that the Bionic has.

THE BIONIC SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN RELEASED. Clearly you already had a phone READY to be sold that was better. This is not a case where you didn't know you were about to release a better phone - clearly you had finished the RAZR when you released the Bionic.

This is deception, fraud, blah blah blah.

No, I'm not suing anyone. However out of all the Bionics you sold you do have a group of people like me who are smart phone enthusiasts who are upset and should get to exchange their hardware if they wish after the RAZR comes out.

Look at it this way - you can exchange 100 or 1000 of them or someone out there may file a class action and you will have a much bigger problem. Once again I'm not filing anything - I'm not that type of attorney nor would I sue over a phone.

My recommendation would be to exchange the phone and the hardware that was bought with it for those who ask. Put a time limit on it of a month after the RAZR is released. That way you satisfy your customers and get rid of any future liability you may have.

But can you honestly say that you didn't know that we'd be pissed off when you released the RAZR 6 weeks after the Bionic? It's not like it was another company - you KNEW

JRParsons

Reaction score

Motorola and Verizon originally slated the Bionic for early 2011 and delayed it due to problems.

Then they announced it 6-8 weeks ago and said it was the machine to rule all machines, it was the flagship phone, etc..

I had patiently been waiting to upgrade my OG Droid for months waiting for the release of the Bionic. I suffered with a phone that was barely keeping a charge and where I had to have it in a charger nearly all the time. But I knew I would be getting the best so I waited.

Logically in the 6-8 months of delay for the Bionic I had assumed they were making it the best device they could. The thinnest, the fastest, the best screen, the best camera, the best body, etc...

Then I got it. I was very happy with it however it was a mystery to me why it had so many problems after 6-8 months of refinement. It's very clear to me NOW that there hadn't been that much refinement because Motorola was working on the RAZR.

The Bionic creaks because it has a cheap plastic back. I had to put electrical tape on the inside back to stop it. Even my old Droid had a steel back.

6 weeks later out comes a phone that has a Kevlar back and is being advertised as basically waterproof and almost impossible to break. Why wasn't this on the Bionic?

The camera software in the Bionic was programmed by a monkey. No I'm not saying the person who programmed it was as intelligent as a monkey I'm saying I think you had an actual monkey do it.

You gave us a Pentile screen when it is now obvious you could have given us the same screen as the RAZR.

We cannot move things to the external SD card using your own software because it moves it to the media area just to vanish. There is NO WAY if this was tested someone wouldn't have caught it.

You add software like Social Location that's worse than any malware anyone can put on a phone.

Clearly the Bionic was the ugly stepchild. I could go on and on with my list. Why doesn't the 3g/4g radio go off when wi-fi is on?

So today we learn that not only could you build a more powerful phone but you could do it and make it the smallest thinest most durable phone that exists. And to our shock and suprise you were able to put a faster dual processer in it and still have 4g LTE and all of the goodies and more that the Bionic has.

THE BIONIC SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN RELEASED. Clearly you already had a phone READY to be sold that was better. This is not a case where you didn't know you were about to release a better phone - clearly you had finished the RAZR when you released the Bionic.

No, I'm not suing anyone. However out of all the Bionics you sold you do have a group of people like me who are smart phone enthusiasts who are upset and should get to exchange their hardware if they wish after the RAZR comes out.

Look at it this way - you can exchange 100 or 1000 of them or someone out there may file a class action and you will have a much bigger problem. Once again I'm not filing anything - I'm not that type of attorney nor would I sue over a phone.

My recommendation would be to exchange the phone and the hardware that was bought with it for those who ask. Put a time limit on it of a month after the RAZR is released. That way you satisfy your customers and get rid of any future liability you may have.

But can you honestly say that you didn't know that we'd be pissed off when you released the RAZR 6 weeks after the Bionic? It's not like it was another company - you KNEW

You used the "F" word. As a 20 year Trial Attorney you should know you don't use the F word unless you can prove it.
So your saying that they knew that the Bionic wasn't going to be their last phone. DUH.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

What a ridiculous "argument" .. I would not hire you as an attorney lol.

No one forced you to buy the Bionic. In fact, rumors about the RAZR existed prior to the Bionic's release. You should have waited.

Buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.