(Please Sticky!) [UPDATED] Froyo/Gingerbread ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Etc.

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by [ L ], Jan 25, 2011.

1. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Note To Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage YOU do to YOUR phone. If you brick, lose root, lose your backups, cant boot into recovery, go into a bootloop, etc., it is NOT MY FAULT. IT IS YOURS FOR MESSING UP SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY.

Froyo (Android 2.2) ROMs:

For The Droid 1 (Also referred to as the D1 or OG Droid):

Main Thread Here

This ROM is stock overclocked to 800 MHz. Some Droids cannot handle this speed and may be thrown into a bootloop.

Download Sapphire Google Apps (also referred to as GApps) Here

This is the wiki and news page for Sapphire. Go here to find any new releases, patches, kernels, or anything else related to them.

This ROM is stock overclocked to 800 MHz. Some Droids cannot handle this speed and may be thrown into a bootloop.

All of these downloads should be made through ROM Manager, which is downloadable through the Android Market. If anybody wants to provide a link, please post below.

Note to Disclaimer: CyanogenMod version 7 is still in very early alpha and beta releases. They are called Nightlies and are sometimes very unstable.

Download through ROM Manager in the Market.

Download Here

There are lots of extra add ons and mods for this ROM, so go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/104654-metickmod-frg83d-froyo-2-2-1-a.html to get them.

Download Here

Go here for lots of extra info and his custom recovery.
    There are also lots of extra screenies!!

GO Here for the good chiz

Here is the home page for the ROM.

Go to the Sourcery ROM section in the DroidForums Custom ROM section for extra info, news, and other mods and stuff.

Download Here

Follow @jamezelle on Twitter for live, real-time updates about the ROM

Note about themes for this ROM: Most are in .mtz form, NOT .zip form, so make sure to check the type of theme BEFORE you try and install in recovery. The .mtz form are instead installed by the Theme Manager app within the ROM and are NOT installed in recovery. Same with most .zip files also, but check with the dev of the theme to make sure that you import it into the theme manager.

This is a great user guide about MIUI that you should read before installing and/or before posting in the MIUI section.

______________________________________________________________________________
    Ultimate Droid (also referred to as UD) v2.5.0/v3.0.0
    Download Here for version 2.5.0

Download Here for v3.0.0

Note to Disclaimer: Some UD users have noticed that, in UD 3.0, when switching between WiFi and 3G, they lose their 3G connection. If you turn on Airplane mode, then turn it back on, it regains the connection.

I'm too lazy right now to get a UDForums link (for download and for site). Could someone please post?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    Project Elite v4.2

Note to User of this ROM: This ROM, is stock overclocked to 1.1 GHz on Slayher's LV Kernel. Not all Droids can handle this speed.

Download Here

Go Here for the main thread and themes and other mods

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    GimpSource by davros and Team GimpSquad (also referred to as davrosMOD) v2.0

Download Here

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Woodyman's Newest Release- The Public BETA (Emphasize on the BETA) Release 2

Can woody post a link please? I cant find one.

But for anyone who wants it, the first release dl link is in woody's Droid Concepts section.

Note to Installers: Install the Stock ROM and GApps first before installing the themed version of the ROM. If you dont, you could do something bad to your phone, i.e. brick it, lose root, explode it, turn it into an i*hone, etc., and all of these results would suck.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Charity ROM v1.1

Go Here for the good stuff

______________________________________________________________________________

Gingerbread (Android 2.3) ROMs:

For the Droid 1:

Peter Alfonso's (Pete's) Completely Stock Bare-Bones ROM

Go Here for dl links, info, overclocking kernels, and other stuff.

This is version "GPA10".
    The G stands for Gingerbread, P for Peter, and A for Alfonso. The number 10 stands for version 1.0 of a stock Gingerbread ROM. That number will rise with every new version of Pete's GBROM.

Go Here for the ROM, GApps, and custom Clockwork Recovery for the ROM.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Neubanks89 GB ROM built on Android AOSP v2.3.1

Download Here for Build 2

Download Here for Build 4 (this one is a nandroid backup, so place in the backup folder under clockworkmod in your SD Card)

Note: No GApps for this one

___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Liquid Gingerbread (also referred to as LGB) v1.x

Go Here for lots of extra info and dl links and themes AAANNDD kernels

This is probably one of the best and most professionally made GB ROMs I have seen so far (other than jeff's) IMO

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
    CyanogenMod Nightlies (Betas and Alphas) of Gingerbread 2.3.2

DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER, HAVE JUST ROOTED, DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AT ALL TIMES, OR HAVE NOT TESTED BETAS/ALPHAS/NIGHTLIES/ETC. FROM OTHER ROMS OR DEVS BEFORE.

Go Here for the latest nightly.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SSGB v5.0 (Simply Stunning Gingerbread ROM) by ChevyNo1

Go Here for dl links, kernels, etc.

Kernels: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/kernels-020511/

UD 3.0.1
    Select your phone here

Also, tell me if you want any extra info, links, etc added to your section in any of the posts by PMing me or by posting here

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Froyo (android 2.2 ROMs) for Blurred phones:

For Droid X:

Note to any users of these ROMs: Most of these ROMs require that you are updated to a rooted version of .2.3.340, some to .2.3.320

Liberty ROM v1.5

Go Here for lots of extra info, changelog, mirrors, and other stuff.

Fabolous's ApeX v1.3.1

Download Here

Go Here for changelog, mods, news, and other extra stuff.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Darkslide v4.2

Go Here for the main thread and download link

______________________________________________________________________________________
    GummyJar v2.5

Download Here

And Go Herefor lots of extras and info

______________________________________________________________________________________
    RubiX Focused v1.9.7

Note: You can only install this rom if you are on the 2.3.340 OTA Update.

Download Here

And Go Here for extra info

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    ChevyNo1's SSX (Simply Stunning version X) v1.1

Download Here

And Go Here for extra info

Note: This ROM is kinda old and hasnt been updated since before Christmas. I would recommend using Darkslide or another ROM because of how old this is.

For the Droid 2 (also referrd to as the D2):

Liberty ROM v1.0

Download Here

Note: v1.5 for DX and 2 are coming soon

Download Here

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Squidly v2.3.20.2 ROM

Go Here for changelog, download links, and other extra stuff that youre gonna want

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  3. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Froyo (Android 2.2) Kernels:

Note to any users: Some Droids cannot handle these overclock speeds. These kernels will speed up your phone, sometimes giving you great performance, but can push your Droid's processor to the limit and does sometimes overheat your phone, causing it to bootloop, shut down, or brick your phone.

To dumb the subject of kernels down a bit, read on, because this is the way I see it
    There are three main types of kernels:

Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, and Increasing Voltage

Low Voltage has the least amount of Voltage travel through the processor thus creating less heat, but a lot of the time being slightly unstable

Medium Voltage allows a little bit more Voltage to travel through the processor, creating a bit more heat but being more stable

Increasing Voltage allows a lot more Voltage to travel through the processor, creating more heat but being super stable

And there are different speeds that each kernel tells your phone to run at. For example, I run Slayher's Low Voltage 1 GHz (1000 MHz) kernel, my favorite so far. It usually stays at a temperature of 80 degrees F to 100 degrees F. But with a MV (Medium Voltage) kernel, it might stay at a temp of about 90-95 degrees F, and if you ran a SV kernel, it would probably hover around body temp-100 degrees F at all times. I like the LV kernels because they sometimes dont heat up my processor at all times, but you might like the SV kernels because they stay at a steady temp at all times and might not freeze your phone as much.

You can go to the Overclocking 101 thread for a much more extensive guide, and probably a better explanation of kernels. Im being lazy right now and dont feel like getting the link, so go search for it in the search bar instead.

For the D1:

I recommend Slayher's kernels, the bekit (test) 800 MHz kernel, and P3Droid's kernels. P3Droid's kernels do not have CPU temp reading in SetCPU and that is one of the reasons why I use them to back up my phone when other kernels run my phone too hot.

Slayher's kernels version 1.7 (All Low Voltage)

Go Here for the index of kernels

___________________________________________________________________________________
    P3Droid's kernels

Go Here for the index of Kernels (both Froyo and Eclair)

____________________________________________________________________________________
    Bekit's Kernels

This is all that I can find so far..... If someone knows where I can get builds that are even more updated than this, please post below!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jake's Kernels

Go Here for dl links and other stuff

Go Here for dl links and other stuff

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    ChevyNo1's Index of Froyo/GB Kernels

[URL="http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/kernels-020511/"[/URL] for the index

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  4. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    reserved once again for me

5. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reserved!!

Also: If anyone wants their theme, rom, kernel, etc, posted here, then make a request (PM me or post your rom, download links, etc

6. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reserved for mememememe

And i will also post DX, 2, pro, and anything else you ask for here to

7. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    great =] its nice you took you're time to do this,

oh i changed my link to a folder... its easier

+ i have a customized clockwork 3.0.0.5 in there, im going to be doing more modifications soon.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

8. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much for creating this thread!

9. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bumpity bump bump

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. jeffv2

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont understand why there's not more feed back on here. but ... bump

11. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    wow! great job.

12. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Nice work - I know how much tome this can take! I would just point out that there are some additional D1 roms, like actngrezy's Project Elite, SnkBitten, and Steel Droid.... PE is one of the hottest source roms on this forum, too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

13. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I dont get why either

EDIT: Woops, spoke too soon! Yeah, Ill add those in a minute...

14. [ L ]

[ L ] Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol I know Im being a grammar nazi right now but i just realized that you put the wrong your in your sentence

15. jeffv2

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah lol idk why, i know the difference between you are and your... im just always in a rush ha

Search tags for this page
cm7 wpdn
cyanogenmod rom direct download for wpdn

cyanogenmod wpdn

download kernel for gingerbread
download kernel gingerbread
droid 3 overclock gingerbread kernel
froyo kernel download

gingerbread kernel download

gingerbread rom updates
wpdn froyo rom