Please Sticky! Everything you need to know about Google Voice (Gizmodo)

romeov

Reaction score
How To: Totally Overhaul Your Phones With Google Voice - Google Voice - Gizmodo

Gizmodo just did a huge, concise, thorough explanation of all things Google Voice in one very detailed article. There are still hundreds of posts in here all the time saying "what is google voice?" Or "Google Voice just does voicemail" and "Google Voice will allow you to make all free calls using only your 3g data plan!"

If this can get stickied, it will clear up SO many basic misunderstandings and tons of unnecessary basic answers on how to use GV and what the pros and cons are, thanks!

OP
romeov

romeov

Reaction score
Hey,

thanks for that find.
Allthough i think its not necessary to sticky that.

:)

Just leave it open and it will be found via search!

Greetz
Tigger

Yeah, that's true, and in theory I wish that would happen as it should. But there's already miles of misinformation in here scattered through hundreds of threads that will get searched as well... and as you (as a mod :) well know people just don't search all the time and the questions will still get asked day in and out.

BUT I take your word for it :) You're the mod.

Also, here comes 800 "Can I get an invite?" replies.. remember, there is already a sticky for that

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Hey,

thanks for that find.
Allthough i think its not necessary to sticky that.

:)

Just leave it open and it will be found via search!

Greetz
Tigger

You can search? :D

Judging by the number of "how do I ..." threads that are repeated over and over it seems like most people aren't aware of that capability. But I agree it shouldn't be stickied. It gets to a point where if there are too many sticky threads people just ignore them anyway.....

OP
romeov

romeov

Reaction score
True.. I wish there were a way we could add it to to the Google Voice invite sticky somehow..

THREADUS MERGEUS!

wait.. is that how harry potter would do that? Oh well, search away I suppose

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
True.. I wish there were a way we could add it to to the Google Voice invite sticky somehow..

THREADUS MERGEUS!

wait.. is that how harry potter would do that? Oh well, search away I suppose

Yeah, it'd be cool if it was the first or second post in that thread.