Please someone!! apps closing, music stops, slow droid=sad me

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by JCalderon24, May 28, 2010.

1. JCalderon24

JCalderon24 New Member

Okay - I've posted something like this already and no one ever helps - I'm sorry to post again (although this time it's a bit different) but I really need some help here. My droid has been acting very slow - I unlock the droid and it takes quite a while to bring up my home screen - touch the call button and it gain takes forever to bring that up, same for app drawer and apps. Also - I can be texting with handcent, using youtube to watch a video, watching a video recorded from my droid, or listening to music - and the program will just close and go to the home screen. No force close no nothing. I have re-booted, pulled the battery - and still the same. This all started after putting my friends SD card (which looked the exact same as mine) into my phone to download music for her - it then wiped her SD card clean and I have all her music now - Have no idea how that happened or why, but my phone has been having these issues since then. Please can someone help? I really dont want to reset the phone... Anyone??? Thanks....
  2. GolfProRM

GolfProRM New Member

Have you tried a re-boot?
  3. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

What rom are you running? what kernal? these are very important in trying to troubleshoot any problems
  4. JCalderon24

JCalderon24 New Member

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Don't worry about ROM. You're running stock 2.1, that's fine. Are you using a task killer? If you are get rid of it, that's probably the source of your problems. And reboot your phone if you haven't already.
  6. JCalderon24

JCalderon24 New Member

Okay I do have a task killer - and yes I have re-booted and pulled the battery several times. I will uninstall task killer and re-boot and see what happens - Any idea why my friends memory card got wiped clean? I want to listen to my music so bad and it just keeps closing!! :(
  7. hookbill

I have no idea what happened to the SD card. That is very, very strange.
  8. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Did removing the task killer resolve the problem?
  9. JCalderon24

JCalderon24 New Member

I removed the task killer and music is working better - however my youtube videos and also handcent messagin will close as I am writing a message for no reason. I get no error message, no force close, its as if I'm hitting the home button (no....I'm not accidently hitting it or anything!!!!) My whole phone is just acting so slow and odd - bringing up the app drawer, slidign screens, bringing up photos -I'm not used to having my baby act like this!!! :) So now that I have no app killer what do I do? I understand that the droid was made to have apps running in the background but I like to preserve my battery life as much as possible seeing as how it uncharges right away as it is...
  10. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You have an app or something slowing you down looks like it might be time to do a factory reset.. then install ap a few at a time and run them for a day or so and eventually one of them will slow phone down.. by chance are you using any home replacements? (helix,panda etc.. (i don't know them all))if so unistall it and see how that works.
  11. hookbill

You probably have another app that is causing you an issue. Your best bet is to do a Factory Data Reset out of the privacy section. This will not delete anything off your SD card, and all your apps will be in your downloads in the Market. Try it for a couple days with no apps installed, then slowly start dropping them back in until you find the troublesome one.
  12. JCalderon24

JCalderon24 New Member

Darn - I was hoping to avoid that! I had to do one already when I downloaded a facebook app that screwed my phone up really badly. By any chance - are there any known bad apps that I should be aware of and stay away from? I do have a home replacement (OpenHome) but I've had this for a long time even when when my phone was running smoothly. Thanks for all the help!!! - And please let me know about any bad apps out there please! (I read the reviews before I download but I don't find them to be very helpful.)
  13. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

i don't know of any bad apps... there are some out there.. i would get rid of the home replacement.. and see what that does.. my expereince with them is that after a while they slow the phone down
  14. JCalderon24

JCalderon24 New Member

okay - I'm going to do the factory reset soon and try to figure out what's making my phone all messed up - Does anyone know - I have the ultramate journal/diary app (I believe that's what it's called) will doing the reset erase all my entries??? Thanks!
Search tags for this page

music stops when i close youtube app

my music app stops when i close it

my phone is slow and apps force close

razr maxx slow force close apps

youtube droid app slow