Please recommend a frg22 build for Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Aug 24, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running frg01b and want to try frg22, where can I get a decent frg22 build?

Thanks!

2. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Why?

The experts say there is no real difference.

WHY?

E

3. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. I'd like to see the differences between frg01b and frg22. I've been running frg01b since it came out. In between I ran frg22 briefly and rolled back. I hope the latest frg22 offers improvement over the one I ran when it first came out;

2. Does frg22 support flash 10.1 officially? I have it running in frg01b but wonder if the word of "officially" might be much better.

I dont question the differences might be small. After all, verizon pushes it out anyway. It must have its reason. Yes, the reason may not be for consumers' advantage....

Any thoughts? Should consider frg22?

4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are just small updates to some drivers and the build.prop. if you are satisfied with your setup then I see no need to update anytime soon. Flash will perform no different on FRG22D than FRG01B. Though when they do release a rooted FRG22D package it wouldn't hurt to update.

Sent from my Droid

5. tameone

tameone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will see absolutely zero tangible differences between the builds.

6. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess you all are right!

It is confusing at best to switch around. I am happy with the one I have, it would save times and less agonizing to stay put.

Another reason I wanted to look around was .... Droid 1 appears to be at the end of its life span, its software support could die down as P3D and Pete probably will focus on the newer models. If that is true, I would grab whatever is the latest, and stable one around as fewer and fewer trains will go through this station.