1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please read!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Sbeck, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Sbeck

Sbeck New Member

Good morning. I'm looking for advice. Bought my Droid X last xmas and within a month I rooted with z4root. Other than that its bone stock. Last night Verizon pushed an update to me. I did NOT do anthing, it just started downloading. I have not installed but it asks every few hours. My questions..... the update is 4.5.605.en.US... I assume this is the latest Gingerbread? Is there a one step root to Gingerbread? Would you suggest going from rooted froyo to gingerbread? Is there a way to stay where I'm at without the annoying popup asking me to update?

Thanks in advance for all respones.
    Current version shows 2.2.1

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X
  2. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

There's a way to stay like that with a hack on some rims where it blocks any OTA. There are also new rooting methods which im sure will work with the update

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!
  3. Sbeck

Sbeck New Member

I'm leaning towards going to GB and rooting again. I would just like to hear a few folks say they are on 4.5.605 and rooted with no issues... and if you are, then some tips on the correct procedure for me to get there. Thanks.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X
  4. leftspin

leftspin New Member

5. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

This is what I did earlier today. Here's a link to a great Youtube vid that walks you thru step-by-step of the .602 SBF. Super easy.
    HD Step by Step Tutorial: (UNBRICK) SBF Your Droid X Back to Stock Gingerbread 4.5.602 - YouTube
    And the root method:
    HD Tutorial: ROOT GINGERBREAD MOTOROLA DEVICES (ONE CLICK PROGRAM!!) - YouTube
    I used the new RSD Lite, and I allowed the stock GB to update to .605 before rooting.
Search tags for this page

4.5.605.en.us

droid-x2 4.5.605.en.us
unbrick motorola droid x 4.5.605
verizon 4.5.605.en.us root