Please please Help:

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Amaeloeze, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Amaeloeze

Amaeloeze New Member

I followed the instructions to root with this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

And now my phone is freaking out! it said that the installation was successful, but now that i rebooted my droid i keep getting screens that pop up that says Sorry! the application android keyboard has stopped unexpectedly please try again later. also another screen keeps popping up saying Sorry! the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. I have the orginal motorola droid 1. I dont know what to do please help me out. I cant use my phone because these pop ups wont go away!
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Can you boot your phone into recovery manually?

Power off your phone, then slide out the keyboard and hold down the 'x' button, then power your phone on. Then try doing a factory data reset and see if that helps.

good luck
  3. Amaeloeze

Amaeloeze New Member

when i try to do that a triangle with ! in the middle comes up and the droid is under it?
  4. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

Quick question... when your phone booted into the OS when it was first "freaking out"... was that AFTER you flashed SPRecovery AND then the rooted ROM? Or did you fail to catch the boot the first time to boot into SPRecovery and boot directly after the flash of the recovery-only sbf??

...when you boot into recovery as described by teddyearp, press UP on the volume rocker and press the camera button at the same time to release the controls to factory reset your phone (only a half-press on the camera button will select the option once the menu is active).

what you described is the STOCK recovery, so your flash of SPRecovery was likely removed by failing to catch the boot...otherwise you would've booted into sprecovery when holding pwr+x.

some of the links in motocache's post are outdated unfortunately...so the rooted ROM for your first install might well be the issue -- the android version is probably 2.2 instead of 2.2.1 (which is the current version) and installing that system over your current system without wiping could easily cause force-close issues.

if a data wipe doesn't clear up those FC issues, let us know and we'll keep ya rollin' :)

if you DO get booted into the OS, just download ROM Manager from the market and flash clockworkmod recovery and IF IT WORKS (meaning you're rooted) then you're all good! if it requests permissions and fails to acquire them, then you're NOT ROOTED YET. Don't panic, just download a custom ROM from one of our wonderful developers (my recommendations below! :)) and move it onto your sdcard and rename it to "update.zip" before re-flashing the recovery-only sbf and going back into sprecovery.

I suggest: Project Elite and GimpSource :)

good luck!
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

vaurnet is pretty much right, it sounds like for some reason you didn't catch the boot and install MotoCahe1's update.zip file properly. As far as some of the links being outdated, they are not. I just tried them and everything there will work for all Android versions released so far for the A855 Droid phone.

Your best bet is to go back and do the process again, since as vaurnet pointed out, you still have stock recovery.

good luck
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  6. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

woops. i heard they were...serves me right listening to these peeps! redacted! lol
Search tags for this page
a keyboard keeps popping up on my droid
android keyboard on motorola xoom stopped unexpectedly
keypadprogram force stop on android
motorola a855 the process android.process.acore has stopped

xoom unfortunately android keyboard has stopped