Please please help with rooting Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Twangbanger, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Twangbanger

Twangbanger New Member

Hello everyone! I know I am new here and this is my first post, so here is a little background about why I am here (I know most of you probably don't care, but I figured since I skipped the introduction page I would do it here)

Sorry this is so long, I tried to provide as much information as possible, in order to help you guys help me! Thanks for reading and helping.

phone I am trying to root, is a motorola droid 1 with 2.2.2 and FRG83G

When I first got my droid 1 I rooted it using a file from the internet and labeled update.zip did the whole hold x and power, then upload the update.zip file, and it worked superuser showed up, now I didnt want to do anything because my phone was brand new and did not wanna screw it up. So I had super user but never used it. Now it has been running super slow so I decided to go up to my local radio shack and get a new Bionic, well turns out radio shack couldnt sell me a Bionic on that particular day. so ever since then I have been researching and researching some more until all I am thinking is ROOT; ANDROID, and now RAZR, well as you all probably know the story behind radio shack and the bionic and the waiting time on the Razr I have decided to wait.

ANYWAYS:

In my researching I found a set cpu app that would overclock the phones processor and and I installed it, however when I went to use it the app never asked for root permission. And so I started looking again. I installed superoneclick, and ran it, kept saying waiting for device.... and so I was a little upset, and factory reset the phone (done that a couple times now, and know how to activate it manually too; again thanks to your forum!, THANKS guys/gals) any how once I factory reset the phone the "original" superuser app (the little ninja guy) had disappeared. So I went to motorolas website and download the drivers for my computer, installed em and everything went successful! then I re-ran superoneclick and woooohooooo I was rooted, ran the test and YES it worked (according to the test) now I went back to the app store downloaded some root apps and nothing will ask permission and nothing will run root.

So I have rooted and unrooted with superoneclick several times. Started researching and found that some people where having success if they took the battery out upon reboot. so I do this and then it gets stuck in a boot loop (on the droid writing part), and phone wont turn off with just the power button. So I pull the battery and go into stock recovery and factory reset, OK reset phone, manually activated it, and super user app is still there, but doesn't work............

So I un-root using superonclick (tried deleting and reinstalling on computer too, and am running it as administrator);

Well superoneclick is not working..... find different method....

found motocache1 root anything! and think this has got to work, made sure I had the drivers.... made sure I had RSD lite and my phones been in usb debugging mode whole time, tried turning it off and on according to all the things Ive found

I downloaded both files from the internet to do the motocache root from some guys youtube video on the droid I have. He does it on his in the video and it worked....

here's my problem now when I connect phone to RSD lite it says connected, then I go to find the sbf file and click on that then RSD lite gives me the following message in the status bar

Platform not defined for CDMA_TYPE-OMAP_CHIPSET

Well I thought I would run it anyways and it just says failed....

ANY ONE have any ideas on what I can do to root this darned thing, its starting to really frustrate me, because I have built several pc's and played around in BIOS before, however have done very very little with command base programs and linux, but it just seems like I am missing something or that it is just not ment to be but its going to be if I can do anything about it (with your help of course :))

a Big THANKS to the help you guys have already provide and an EVEN Bigger thanks to anyone who can help.
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Sounds like the sbf isn't playing right. I don't have any links atm, but search the forum for guidot. He has the files you need in his signature. He may be along to help if he sees this.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID
  3. SniperDroid

SniperDroid New Member

4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

5. Twangbanger

Twangbanger New Member

THANK YOU all of you guys for the help and to the people that put the guides up as well. It is very much appreciated! THANKS GUYS/GALS!

I have windows 7 on my computer, and I think the problem was that I was not running RSD lite as administrator. Turned it on and install went flawless, and I am now over clocked!

Thanks one last time!

:icon_ banana: :)
  6. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Glad you got it!!
  7. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

That's why we're here :)

Sent from my TB using Blue Xparent DF ;)
  8. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

[​IMG]

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID