Please please help me!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sharnaldo, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sharnaldo

sharnaldo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

im very new to this.
    I have a HTC Aria for AT&T which i rooted and Unrevoked. then i accidentally formatted everything from the phone and lost my backup.
    now i end up with the phone on the recovery screen. to make it more clear this is exactly my problem (but with HTC Aria):

Please help me to format my Htc back to factory setting, i believe my operating system is deleted or something and i had Android 1.2 (something like that).

Again, thank you so much for taking your time and looking at this post. Please respond and let me know if its possible for me to fix this since i dont even have a backup phone!!! :(

2. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this:

Key Stroke Method
    1. Power the device OFF.
    2. Press the Volume Down and the Power Button until you see the white screen with the Android logos and text.
    3. Press the Volume Down button to highlight Clear Storage.
    4. Press the Power Button once and you should see a message stating “Delete all user Data?”
    5. Press the Volume Up button and the Hard Reset process will begin.
    6. The device will reboot once the process is complete.
    · Note: This process can take several minutes to complete.

3. sharnaldo

sharnaldo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply bthomp21. i really appreciate it. but unfortunately i have already tried that method and it wont work. it clreas everything in like 5 seconds and then go back to the same screen as you see in the youtube video!!!

i think i removed everything that was in this phone. do you have any other ideas??

4. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dang, sorry to hear that. I'm looking to see if you can add the system files to the SD card and somehow boot from there.

5. sharnaldo

sharnaldo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im thinking the same thing however since im new to this i want to make sure it works before i do it on my own and make it more complicated that it is.

i read lots of posts and none of them have my solution!!

6. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well as of now, you may be able to get some files off the formatted card. im not 100% what program to use. but i see alot about recuva. expensive though. I would try to search for recovering the files. good luck.

7. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Let this remind those to take their first nandroid backup and copy it to a second flash drive/pc or whatever. Can't you just flash the sbf and begin again?

8. sharnaldo

sharnaldo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Johnly,

that is the way to do it i think but i couldnt find the SBF file for HTC Aria... i already have the RSD lite and the driver running in my windows computer but i can seem to find the main Android file for HTC aria.. i found the one for Droid X..

do you know where i can find it?

9. sharnaldo

sharnaldo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone????

10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model: