please noobie looking for help

gimpyyy316

Reaction score
ok so i just got my droid 2 i'm rooted with z4root very simple easy root i setup wireless tether but now i wanna backup my phone so i have a stock in case something happens i i looked on youtube and saw a video of droid review using nandriod bu i found droidroothelper its not on market anymore but i dl the apk and instill to my sd but when i set up all setup it just sets there with the ! and lil droid but under it i push the the up vol and cam button @ the same time but nothing never finished so i am over.... i here clockworks it good cant seem to find a good setup video i just wanna over clock and back uo my stuff without brickin my ph please link me to a good setup video or anything that is simple and useful

Last edited:

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hello sir,
First off you should follow these steps to ensure you have root...

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...UQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHDoIpen3kKvyXF3WLIoPUpzJLAzQ

Then get ROM Manager and reflash the recovery image for your device. From there you can backup and flash and what not. I recommend getting Titanium backup also just to make sure that you have busybox installed.

If your looking to boot into the recovery and manually manage your phone, Then I recommend downloading Koush's bootstrap from the market. You will select bootstrap recovery then reboot recovery. This is the best way to do this. If you ever need to boot up from a battery pull or cant access the above listed apps then try holding down the power button until the" M" and then release it quick... This has worked for me but not everytime...

Good luck sorry if this doesnt make sense I posted it from my phone...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
no, its not a free app, you can download it from koush's website or there are many links in this forum. Read the Hacking/Rom install class sticky in the droid 2 hacks section, there is alot of good info as well as links there. Another thing you need to download rsd lite and get the SBF file for your phone which can be found in the sticky I was talking about above because unlike the droid our phones (droid 2's) don't have recovery images as of yet so SBF is the only way to go. If you still need help after going through the hacking /install class, just ask around and we'll figure it out.