Please Helpp!!! Apps2SD

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dawginme, Apr 18, 2010.

1. dawginme

dawginme New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please Helpp!!! Cant Format SD!!

I recently activated apps2sd using the guide provided and it worked fine. I installed the UD10 rom and it worked fine. I starting having trouble so I want to wipe out everything and start with a fresh install of UD10. I have my SD card backed up on my hard drive so I am not concerned about losing anything. I just want to reset and wipe everything. I go in to settings and SD/storage and it will NOT allow me to select my SD card to reformat it. I have been trying all day. I even pulled the SD card out, restarted, then put it back in and got the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty frustrated.:mad::mad::mad:

2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are using clockworkmod recovery, you can boot into that, select partitions menu and format sd and sd-ext(or something like that), and that will reset your whole sd card, and you will no longer be partitioned.

3. dawginme

dawginme New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Tank. I tried what you suggested but when I go into the SD card menu, it is still partitioned. Any other ideas?

4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a card reader, where you put your sd card into it and It let's you put it into your computer, I am sure there is a way to format your sd card from your computer. I was sure that what I suggested would work though. =/

5. Naebue

Naebue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dawginme, I was having the same problems. I used windows to format the card, which still left the partition as well. However, because it's an EXT partition (a partition done by linux), you have to format the card from the phone...

Settings > SD card & phone storage settings > Unmount SD card > Format SD card

That should remove the partition and of course format everything on the SD card. If all goes right and you're using the stock SD card, you should have 14.93gb of space on it out of the 16gb. Any storage device will save it's self a small portion of space, so the magic number is 14.93gb :)

Hope this helps!

6. dawginme

dawginme New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wiped and reinstalled 2 different roms as well as reformatted the card via a card reader and I am still unable to unmount the card on the motodroid. =o( Its still showing the partitions. Its driving me crazy! LOL!

7. OldNuc

OldNuc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can run gparted as a live CD or USB drive and partition the card in your card reader. You can get it here. GParted -- Welcome

Formatting each partition will not remove the partition. You have to delete the partitions and then recreate the final partition and format. Its all explained in painful detail on the gparted page.