1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

please help

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by prettyboyvictor, Mar 9, 2010.

1. prettyboyvictor

prettyboyvictor New Member

ok so ive been having my droid since day 1. and after awhile my keyboard started getting bubbly nd jst out of place and i had a few scratches so since i have insurance i decided to get a new one. so i jst got my new droid in today and when i activate the NEW droid. i noticed all my apps and everything arent there anymore =[ i went into the market and went into the download history but nothing was dere only the ones that i have paid for. does this mean i have to re-downlaod everything??
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Yep

If you ever do that again, back up your apps with ASTRO and swap SD cards.
  3. prettyboyvictor

prettyboyvictor New Member

damn this sucks. UGH. i have astro on my other phone. how do i do it? and i still have both phones in hand so i can still backup the stuff. can u tell me how to do it?
  4. SpenceJT

SpenceJT New Member

Having happened upon your cautionary tale - I have just backed up my apps using Astro File Manager (free). Open Tools, and choose "Application Manager/Backup". Select all applications - for some reason a few of my applications (some of which I had paid for) were marked as "Private" and appeared to not be selectable, but the vast majority were backed up which is far better than none.
  5. ptfd13

ptfd13 New Member

to back up your apps open astro on your old phone and click menue and tools. then click application manager/backup. From there you can check them all anc back them up. When you insert the card in your new phone follow the same steps but when the backup manager opens click the "backed up apps" tap and reinstall them to your new phone from there. Hopefully this helps.
  6. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Hope this doesnt sound like a dumb arse question but when an update happens on an app will I need to go into astro to back it up again?
  7. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Maybe. No one will really know until the update drops. They could do it both ways I suppose, but I'm guessing they wont make people reinstall their stuff.
  8. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Another possibility Mount your phone and copy the entire SD card to your computer. If you ever need to replace the phone you can copy the old data to the new phone.

Mike
  9. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

or down load wavesecure or lookout and back up their servers..