Please Help

KiRyah

Reaction score
I am getting a message that says that "Device storage is unmounted. Mount device storage to read files."

So what happened is that I was getting an Encryption unsuccessful error on my phone and it wouldn't boot. So I had to use RSD Lite to flash it back to jb 4.1.2. build number 9.8.20-72_vzw-22 Modified with the 2 lines removed so it would complete. That all worked and I thought I was back in business. Silly me for thinking that! Now, I can boot my phone and all seems well. Until I try to load swift key. That's when I noticed the error about the device storage.

So, I rooted it again, and tried to mnt the drive using terminal. I keep getting access denied. When I try to write anything to the SD card I get the error message that the card isn't supported either.

So I'm feeling pretty screwed and not in a good way! Can someone please help?!!?!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have your apps on your sd? did you try taking the sd card out, rebooting, and reinserting?

OP
K

KiRyah

Reaction score
Hi Abe,
I can read the external SD but I can't write to it. When I open the File Manager and go the Device Storage I can't read the files at all. I think permissions are all messed up. When I go to Terminal and try to mount the drive I get access denied. I'm wondering if maybe I have to buy a new phone. I'm on the Verizon unlimited plan and I don't want to upgrade until the Galaxy S 5 has a working Root method available.

Thank you for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it.

OP
K

KiRyah

Reaction score
I have taken the External card out, rebooted, and reseated it. That didn't work. I took an older 2 gig card, and when Swift Key wanted to format it, I let it format it, and that didn't work either. :(

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Have you tried reformatting the SD?

OP
K

KiRyah

Reaction score
I formatted the external card. I have done a factory reset on the phone 3 times and still nothing. Is there a way for me to format internal drive?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that should be covered between an SBF flash an a factory reset.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im not even sure what phone you have.

OP
K

KiRyah

Reaction score
I have decided to get a new phone. This one just isn't working. :( I'm thinking the Moto X. I just hope that I can flash it back to 4.2.2 so I can keep tethering. ;)

Thanks for all the help. You guys are the best!

Cheers!