Please help!!!!!!!

GuTs11

Reaction score
I rooted my droid x that was .621 today using the linux cd method... it is currently a milestone x with bootstrapper on it. I attempted to install Liberty 3 v2 on it along with a couple of patches... I followed all the directions only to get stuck on the Motorola M loading screen... Please rescue me

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is that the version made for the GB Kernel? I honestly haven't followed Liberty at all, but that may be the issue. Also, you refer to your phone as a Droid X at one point and a Milestone X at another; there are different versions of that Rom for each and one won't function correctly on the other.

OP
G

GuTs11

Reaction score
Is that the version made for the GB Kernel? I honestly haven't followed Liberty at all, but that may be the issue. Also, you refer to your phone as a Droid X at one point and a Milestone X at another; there are different versions of that Rom for each and one won't function correctly on the other.

It is A droid X . Before root android 2.3.4 .621... in order to root .621 you must go through linux and turn the software into a milestone. There has been adaptation of the liberty Rom for the "milestone" I tried putting on the liberty and two patches (Is that wrong) and it is in what i believe is called a boot loop or boatloader loop in which the furthesrt point i have access to is the Motorola M. I can reach the boatloader screen and system recover. I also may have improperly used CWM (I may have Used droid bootstrapper(something like that) i dont remember)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never seen that method. The Root method for .621 that is out now just uses an adapted SBF files. Maybe it's different for the D2 vs the X though.

OP
G

GuTs11

Reaction score
Last edited:

MrAreCool

Reaction score
I apologize for digging up an old post, but I am having a very similar issue... I have a Droid X that I had to SBF to milestone (using the linux boot disk) awhile back. From there I was able to install Miui from ROM Toolbox, but I had finally gotten tired of the camera not working so I decided to switch back to Liberty. I made a nandroid backup of my system and then installed the Liberty 3 zip, and cleared the data and cache. On reboot it took me directly to the Bootloader 30.04 screen.

I re-SBF'd back to Milestone and have been using that for a few weeks, but I miss some of the custom ROM features to I tried to install Liberty again tonight. After installing the zip and clearing the data and cache I can get no further than the bootloader 30.04 screen...

I would appreciate some input on what I am doing wrong :) I don't actively following things here, I just search around when I decide to change things up. Apparently I didn't search enough... If it is a problem with Liberty I guess I can go back to Miui (or at least I think I can...), but not having a working camera got old (I finally installed another camera app for still pics, but the video recording was almost completely inoperable). I also really liked the gummy ROM from the ROM toolbox, but it seemed like it would make my phone heat up more than usual and my battery would die in a couple of hours.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to wipe data and cache before flashing the zip. You also need to make sure you're on the right system verison to run the version of Liberty you have.

Camera works somewhat on MIUI V4. Works well on CM10.

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Wow... Can't believe I forgot to do the wiping before flashing...

I just tried again with the same results. After the Milestone SBF it appears that I am on version 604 (System version: 4.5.604) right? According to this post it seems like I should be able to install it.

Also it appears that the Droid X is only compatible with CM7?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Rootz page seems to say that you need to use those fixes to update to the correct kernel and recoveries before flashing the newest Rom.