Please Help!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, you as well as me, the thing that is the most baffling is that you have had this info transfer before, it transfers without me thinking about it or doing anything special on my phones.... before they were ever rooted (my og droid was rooted and I only just recently rooted my Razr. All my other droids, I never rooted). Why it is not doing it now is crazy??? I am stubborn and this is baffling the he** out of me. It should be able to happen without rooting your old phone. I wonder if there is something blocking it with the new phone. Before rooting, here is my final suggestion:

Take the sd card out of the new phone and do a factory data reset on the new phone. Let's get that back to stock without any old data conflicting with new data that we want to take effect. Activate your old phone. Check to make sure the wifi access and keycodes are all there. On your old phone, do a backup to google and do a backup using MyBackup. Make sure MyBackup is backing up to the sd card (the backups will be listed in a folder labeled "rerware." Shut down old phone, activate new phone with sd card in place. See what happens.

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
ok this is what I did til 430am est last night. I backed up any data I had on the 16gig sd that was in the old phone. I then did a factory reset with the new phone and used the option where it would format and erase the sd card. I then took the freshly formatted sd card and put in into the old phone.. I synced it a few times.. I ran mybackup pro.. I had it backup to the fresh sd card. I then put the sd card in the new phone. I started it up. installed mybackup pro and did a restore. It completed successfully and on the list is says VPNs : 47 success

I restarted the phone and nothing. it still shows my router as a "available wireless network" instead of hooking right to it.. MY old phone hooks right up to my router as soon as it is on. as it does for the rest of the VPNs on the list.. I can do into my old phone and pull up the whole list of network names.. no keycodes though of course.. but even though it says they have been backed up and restored.. they never show up in the list.

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
Yes I did that with one of the routers.. it asked for the keycode.. once I entered the code.. it connects to that one router now.. and it shows that one router in its VPN list..

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
Tell me about it.. Im no fool when it comes to technology, computers, etc.. I just want to save this list.. Is there anyway to get a copy of the file that stores it on the old one and either plug it manually into the new one... or at least be able to open it up and see the Vpn with their respective code there as well in like wordpad or something?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok, I'm with Tis. My phone was recently replaced (Droid Razr to RAZR MAXX). When I activated my new MAXX, it connected right up. The restore by Google happened automatically. There must be something in the settings that aren't right and are preventing it from working properly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
well I have done pretty much everythign I can think of.. I would be more than happy to try anything you think might work..

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I wonder if its the operating system itself. Perhaps this feature does not work. What version are you on? I need to charge my d2 and play with it.