please help!

traceyjo

Reaction score
Help! I have used the Absolute system App many times on my Bionic with no problems. I just got the Razr Maxx and using Absolute System I flashed a font and now my phone keeps rebooting every minute or two. I tried rebooting into recovery mode but it still reboots. I get a "SORRY" system error "process system not responding".
Is there anyone that can please help me? I know I probably shouldn't have messed with my phone but I just love the things that root access can do. I had never had a problem before with flashing. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my Razr and Absolute System?
Again any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
FYI: Just the other day I had switched my SD card where my backup for my ROM was, not even thinking that I didn't have it on my new SD card. Of course the old SD card has been formatted.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Help! I have used the Absolute system App many times on my Bionic with no problems. I just got the Razr Maxx and using Absolute System I flashed a font and now my phone keeps rebooting every minute or two. I tried rebooting into recovery mode but it still reboots. I get a "SORRY" system error "process system not responding".
Is there anyone that can please help me? I know I probably shouldn't have messed with my phone but I just love the things that root access can do. I had never had a problem before with flashing. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my Razr and Absolute System?
Again any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
FYI: Just the other day I had switched my SD card where my backup for my ROM was, not even thinking that I didn't have it on my new SD card. Of course the old SD card has been formatted.

If you can boot to AP Recovery (Power and Both Volume up and Volume down at the same time), then you may be able to fully restore the phone using the following tools described in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

Good luck!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Definitely check out the Razr Utility FoxKat has linked above...good luck and keep us posted...

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
You guys are the greatest! Thank you! I will try it in the morning and let you know how it goes. I just love this forum!

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
So frustrated!! First, thank you all again for helping me with my Razr. I tried what FoxKat suggested but I don’t think my phone will stay booted long enough to run the program. I tried it several times and it just stays on the following:

<waiting for device >
[*] Press enter to restore your phone to 6.12.173...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
< waiting for device >

My phone will not stay booted more than one minute or less which is why I am also unable to do a factory reset. It can never stay open long enough.

Here is what I tried. Let me know if maybe I did this wrong:
  • Updated Motorola drivers
  • Installed Utility 1.40 file
  • Booted phone in AP mode (pressing both volume keys until screen lock came on)
  • Ran Utility 1.4 file
This is where I get stuck.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! This phone is only two weeks old and I paid full price because my Bionic dropped and the screen shattered and I had no upgrade or insurance. I don’t have more money for a new one!
Thank you!!

Last edited:
OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Apparantly mine is an OS issue as it still reboots after I boot into AP Recovery. I wish mine would resolve itself. I can't even turn it off. It just reboots 24/7 for the past two days. Poor things going to fry it's system!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/199998-process-system-not-responding.html

Don't know if the two are related but it's interesting that his phone eventually resolved itself. :blink:
[/QUOTE]

Well, Tracyjo, if you pressed and held the power and both volume buttons, and the phone booted into the Boot Mode Selection Menu, and if you did nothing else, the phone will automatically reboot into normal mode, so that's not surprising if that's what's happening. That's my fault for not telling you the next step. Sorry! :frown:

What you needed to do once you got to the Boot Mode Selection Menu is to then press down volume to the AP Fastboot selection, and then press up volume to select. Once done, you'll be in AP Fastboot Flash Mode. Once there, then run the utility. Also, make sure you installed the 1.41 update to the 1.40 utility before you run it.

If it won't stay in the AP Fastboot Flash Mode, then something is seriously wrong. If it won't remain stable (no self-rebooting), then the utility won't work for you. You may still be able to restore the phone.

Have you tried Recovery from the Boot Mode Selection Menu? You would scroll down to Recovery with the volume down (instead of AP Fastboot), then press volume up to select. When you see the White triangle, Yellow exclamation point and Green Android, hit BOTH volume buttons at once and release. From there you have a menu of blue choices with the option to do a normal reboot, apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache. In that menu, both volume up and down scroll, and the power button selects.

I might suggest if you can get to that menu to first wipe cache and then reboot normally. Let's see if that clears anything for you. If it's a cached system file that's corrupted, it will rewrite it with a copy from the ROM which is likely not damaged (hopefully).

If that doesn't work, then I'd go to the wipe data/factory restore.

If that doesn't work, we may have to take drastic measures. I have to do some quick research to see if there's a way to get a system update file for the RAZR that will be available to the recovery selection. If anyone wants to jump in, please do.

Last edited:
OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
FoxKat, thank you! I hope this works!
One question before I begin the Untility. You said to make sure I install the patch to the utility. I'm not sure how i'm to do that. Looking at the screenshot of what my Utilities file should contain, I'm missing the .bat file in both the 1.4 and 1.41 downloads. Three files extract from 1.4: 1300mhz, DroidRAZRUtility and OverclockingREADME. The files in 1.41 extracted: DroidRAZRUtility and a file folder named "files" that contains: busybox, su, superuser.apk and unroot.

Am I missing some files?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
FoxKat, thank you! I hope this works!
One question before I begin the Untility. You said to make sure I install the patch to the utility. I'm not sure how i'm to do that. Looking at the screenshot of what my Utilities file should contain, I'm missing the .bat file in both the 1.4 and 1.41 downloads. Three files extract from 1.4: 1300mhz, DroidRAZRUtility and OverclockingREADME. The files in 1.41 extracted: DroidRAZRUtility and a file folder named "files" that contains: busybox, su, superuser.apk and unroot.

Am I missing some files?

Yes, you are missing the most important one, the .bat file. Hang on...http://www.mediafire.com/?dc71nnr2concfpz will get you the .bat file. Still, I get the impression you downloaded the "Lite" version of 1.40. You need the FULL version of 1.40, which will get you a folder as well which contains the following files (click on image to view):

View attachment 47854

You will need the full version 1.4 (http://www.mediafire.com/?92dhw42m3sylt15) to do what you need. As mentioned before, it will be a LONG download, possibly a half hour or more depending on your download speed. You will will unzip the 1.40 first, it will write the three files you mentioned above, but then will also write the folder I show in the image above. Then you will RE-Unzip 1.41 into the 1.40 folder and it will overwrite the files you mentioned above, and if the .bat file I linked to was not included, you could either pull it down from my link, or (I suggest you do the or), download the full 1.41. patch again and make sure this time it has all the files, including the .bat file.

If the patch unzips into a different folder, simply grab the files and folder inside the extracted 1.41.patch and drag them and drop them onto the extracted 1.40 folder and it will ask you if you wish to overwrite, you'll say yes.

Last edited:
OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm sorry I haven't been able to update you on my phone's progress. I had a family emergency and today is the first day I've been able to even look at my phone and computer. I hope you are all still here to help!!
So just now I was able to boot into recovery and wipe the cache. However, it is still rebooting itself. I could do a factory reset from the recovery but I just hate to do that if I don't have to. I am going to try the Utility download first.

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
FoxKat, thank you! I just saw your post on the utilites and the missing .bat file. Thank you. I will redownload from the link you provided. Also if you have a webpage for donations, please post. I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to have help when I (and others who know just enough to get into trouble), have a place to go for help. ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
FoxKat, thank you! I just saw your post on the utilites and the missing .bat file. Thank you. I will redownload from the link you provided. Also if you have a webpage for donations, please post. I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to have help when I (and others who know just enough to get into trouble), have a place to go for help. ;)

Dear Traceyjo, thanks for the warm wishes. I pride myself in helping others when and if I can, and sometimes I actually get it right (LOL!)

Believe me, there is a very large and devoted team of volunteer moderators and an even larger team of community members here to help. The overwhelming majority are just like me and would jump at the chance to help a fellow Android phone user in need. It's often a race between forum members to see who can answer the questions and address the concerns first and get it right!

I am glad to be of assistance to you and hope that with our help you will get your phone back in full working order! dancedroid

Also the utility has been updated to V1.42, so now it's all one download - no need to "patch" it. Go here (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hvfqbbnam1z37rc).

Last edited:
OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
I am happy to report that my razr is now working better than ever and is glued to my hand once again!

This experience was very helpful as I have much more knowledge about my razr than I did before. I just might be able to get myself out of any new jam I find myself in. :)

Thank you again FoxKat and all for sharing your knowledge with me and for your patience. You just may hear from me again!

Best Regards,
Tracey

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums