Please help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MNilson, Jan 23, 2010.

1. MNilson

MNilson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please help me! I think i've fuc*ked up my milestone. I will try to explain as long as my english allows
    So i have rooted the milestone with 2.0, then today installed the 2.0.1 via RSDlite. All worked simply perfect.. until i have the brillant idea of install a application of android market called "droid root pro", and after a few steps i've tried to change the theme. Then the phone reboot, so i see the motorola logo, then the android logo.. and it keeps rebooting!:mad: Please help me have my Milestone back! Thanks!

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Awww so sorry you're having trouble. I can't help you but i just wanted to tell you that usually it's pretty slow around here at this hour. Be patient someone will eventually see it. i'll bump it up when it goes to the next page for you. Good luck

3. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,426
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Moved to appropriate forum section. You will get much better assistance in this section.

Good luck

4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried booting in Safe mode? That should let you boot and remove the root program you installed.

5. Nicely Toasted

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, sorry to hear you are having problems. I am kinda' new to all this but when I read your post it instantly made me think of this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/13973-bricked-droid-need-some-ideas.html.

I don't know if this info can help you, but I thought it couldn't hurt either way.. if that info does not help, I believe there are good people here that will go out of their way to help get you going again.. Good luck!

I know your issue is not the same problem as what is in that post, but there is a lot of info about how to "un-brick" these phones, so you may find some good information there..

#5 Nicely Toasted, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  6. Toby

Toby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope you're able to fix it.
    You may need good english to understand what's being said there though. Even I can't really understand all of it.

I would strongly advise against anything that messes with root, before reading up on feedback from others first. It's too preliminary at the moment and alot of uncertainties.

Don't forget you can possibly contact the developer of droid root pro for help.
    Looking at it in the app store, theres alot of good feedback on it. So at least it's not some dodgy bull**** program noone cares about.
    Seems like it's mostly for theming.... I think you will be able to fix it.

7. sparticus

sparticus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like your in a boot loop. holding x while you power up the phone should get you into the recovery screen. them load the nandroid backup that you made. hopefully. iif you didnt then find one on here download it place it in the nandroid folder on your sd card. and follow the steps above.

8. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    NM,

You are not the first to have issues with root helper. And messing with the themes has gotten people into serious trouble in the past.

It would be helpful to know which version of SPrecovery you had installed, whther you were able to ever boot into it, and whether or not you made any backups before messing with the themes.

I have not followed the development of root helper, but at one point rather than the developer updating his program to use the latest sprecovery, you had to rename the latest recovery to the version that was in Roothelper at the time. Not sure if this is still the current methodology, but do you remember doing any renaming steps to take perhaps the 2b recovery and renaming to an earlier version, like 0.0.15.

Basically, trying to understand which recovery you may have. It might also help someone here help you to know whether or not you have the sdk/adb working on your pc.

Craig

9. MNilson

MNilson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've done a hard reset and all works perfect. Thanks for the help! :icon_ banana: