Please help

Raven375

Reaction score
How do you freeze an app.?

Ok just got Droid X 2 had Droid X.. So many apps on this one I don't want, I updated to gingerbread ,wow long d/l I'm reading here to freeze not remove. 1. How do I freeze? 2 why not remove them as done on Droid x I tried to remove vcast but no option something about closing and display? I dont want any of the vcast or the games i download a bunch of apps i did want and now cant find them..Please help
dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
R

Raven375

Reaction score
Edited post cause no one replied :(

So many posts regarding freezing yet no one replied to my ??

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have to be rooted to remove system apps. Not sure if root is available for your phone yet but I'm sure they're working on it :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

garywojdan81

Reaction score
The only way to obtain root presently is to either sbf back to froyo, root with gingerbreak & stay there or load the bootstrap recovery & flash the prerooted GB leak from p3 DROID. Once you are rooted you can remove whatever you want. There are alot of guides on these forums on how to debloat your device.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The only way to obtain root presently is to either sbf back to froyo, root with gingerbreak & stay there or load the bootstrap recovery & flash the prerooted GB leak from p3 DROID. Once you are rooted you can remove whatever you want. There are alot of guides on these forums on how to debloat your device.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

This!

OP
R

Raven375

Reaction score
You have to be rooted to remove system apps. Not sure if root is available for your phone yet but I'm sure they're working on it :)

Thanks for reply I have no clue about rooting. Just saw posts about do not delete app freeze them. How do u freeze an app? I don't want the games or verizon apps that came with phone. I do have Gingerbread I d/l it I just hate apps eating up space when I don't use em. At first phone seemed same as my DroidX but I'm finding many differences and trying to
Learn about them. Such as force closing running apps the gallery having soooo many options. Where are my pics stored?