Please help!!!!!!

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
i dont know if i screwed myself but i need to return my phone to vzw for warranty so i uninstalled my rooted apps, unrooted and did a factory reset but superuser permission is still in app drawer and the method i used to root no longer works (easyroot) it thinks im rooted and im not, i tried d/l rsdlite to my laptop but would not install, vista 64bit, am i screwed?

J

Johnly

You can remove it with a proper TU command. Not sure what that is, just Dload that app from market and make a specific search. If you can't find it, I can, just PM me and consider it done. (If I am on:)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem is if you aren't rooted enough to grant terminal Su access then you won't be able to remove a system app. You may have to re root and then unroot.

tappin and a talkin

dbst

Reaction score
What happened when you tried to install RSDlite?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

J

Johnly

You can remove it with a proper TU command. Not sure what that is, just Dload that app from market and make a specific search. If you can't find it, I can, just PM me and consider it done. (If I am on:)
opps, better clarify my position. The SU app needs to me removed with TU from your first rooted nandroid. It is a simple series of commands. After that, your nandroid from first root will now be the stock sbf without SU app. Why do I try and keep things short, I need to work on my typing skills ha ha !dancedroid

J

Johnly

Find out if you are rooted FIRST before anything. Just run shootme or something and see if SU is granted. Go from knowing what you are at that point.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Or download a free terminal emulator and type in "SU" to see if your are rooted, let us know what you find and we will go from there.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
You can also use Z4root app to unroot you if you are rooted, it has a unroot button that will remove Super user app and root access altogether. Even if you are not rooted you can root with this app and unroot again with a press of two buttons! [APP] z4root - xda-developers

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you're returning a phone to Verizon for servicing you are best suited to flash a stock SBF onto the phone as this not only resets the phone to stock but it removes all traces of user data from the phone, including and especially the SU app icon and all remnants of it.

Do you really want those drunken pics you took of your fiancee that they don't know about to suddenly get posted all over the web? ;)

J

Johnly

yup, factory reset....can be done without RSD and SBF...just saying....

OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
I was unrooted, easy roots "unroot" function still worked but once i hit unroot and rebooted it still said "unroot" as if i were still rooted, tried SU command in term emu, denied, so i was no longer rooted, but the problem was re-rooting to run the command to remove SU from app drawer, tried z4root, it ran then just went back to home screen, rebooted, nothing, no root