Please Help

jsilver23

Reaction score
just tried installing the Apex rom and now my phone is stuck on the M. i backed up my phone but it will not load up. please help.

OP
J

jsilver23

Reaction score
i used the rom manager to do all of this. have i bricked my phone? if so what is the next step? i dont have any backups on my pc. am i sol?

deantemple

Reaction score
Yup, that's a brick all right. But no worries you can ressurect it! Do a search on forums on how to .sbf your phone. You'll need the newest version of RSD lite (i believe it's 4.9) and to find the correct .sbf file to download to your computer for the version you were running (if you don't know what version, your best bet is to get the newest leak 2.3.420, which i believe you need for apex anyway - you should be able to find that doing a search for TBH on mydroidworld.net, they have a great post to get you up to date.) Then put your phone in bootloader mode (hold volume up and camera button on startup), connect to your computer with usb, and run the .sbf in RSD lite. Make sure all your motorola drivers on your computer are up to date first or the .sbf will fail! Bricking your phone is part of the fun of all this, but it will sure scare the crap out of you the first time, but don't worry we've all done it, it's not such a big deal. Also, this is a pretty basic overview of how to do this, if you've never done it before search for more specific instructions on how to .sbf, they wont be hard to find. Good luck, and happy modding!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jsilver23

Reaction score
awesome, thank you! guess i'll see how it goes. im a newb at this stuff so it's kinda nerve wracking but also kinda fun. this forum and everyone on it are awesome.

doomgazer

Reaction score
Assuming you knew this already, but just in case remember that after you install - the first boot requires a battery pull (when it's stuck at the M). After you reinsert, it should boot up fine. The first boot does take a while (a few minutes) so be patient. If you get to the flashing "android" boot screen you're probably OK and just need to wait it out.