Please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Aaron386, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Aaron386

Aaron386 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay so my sisters boyfriend flew in from chicago the other day and noticed my rooted original droid, he thought it was cool and asked if i can do it to his and i said yes. So i got the phone rooted using a super one click method from the unlockr.com and also put bugless beast v0.5 on it. then he asked for a theme so i went with the smoked glass theme(same as mine) but when i rebooted the phone it got stuck in the boot loop. ive tried a lot. wipe factory data reset, the clockmod recovery from rommanager(which worked when this happened to my phone) what can i do to at least get the phone working again?

2. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    did you practice good rooting and create a back up before trying to apply a theme?

3. Aaron386

Aaron386 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah but when i try to backup though nandroid nothing happens

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    First thing to try is to reflash CW. Go into Rom Manager and reflash CW until you get a successful install message back very quickly (2-5 seconds). Sometimes you have to reflash it 3-5 times before it gets a good reload. Then try your nandroid restore again. If that doesn't work, try to reload the rom (BBv05). You may want to consider trying a less complicated rom install. Pick one that doesn't load in stages the way BBv05 does. Chevy, Black Droid, etc. are simpler to load and just as good.

5. Aaron386

Aaron386 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the phone doesnt even turn on. It just replays the droid logo over and over.