Please help! X no service then shuts down....

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Jenlj78, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Jenlj78

Jenlj78 New Member

I have only had my X for 48 hours. The first two nights (once each night around the same time) it went from no service to shuttting down then powered back up. Today I was trying to get google talk going and a call came in and it shut off then turned back on. I haven't even been loading apps. Has anyone else had this problem?? I talked to Verizon and they said to reset to factory settings and see if that helps. I went through a horrid time with my last phone and I love this phone but I won't keep a phone that doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.
    I love my Droid and I don't want it to leave.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. Jenlj78

Jenlj78 New Member

Well, since I posted this a few hours ago, it dawned on me what I was doing. I did forget to say that I live in a city with plenty of cell towers so I knew (I thought anyway) it couldn't be bad area for service.
    I think I am accidentally shutting it down when I go to lock it. I bet the no service is when it is powering up! DUH!! That just dawned on me a little bit ago. Probably is not the phones fault but mine! For those wondering my real hair color is dark brown and not.....(you can finish the rest) :icon_eek:

Praying this is the solution!!
  3. Rebycman

Rebycman New Member

It may not help but it cant hurt, try a *228 and use option 2 and see if that helps your signal/connection.
  4. grego

grego New Member

I've got my droid 2 days ago. Today i had a no service problem. I live in Dallas, TX so I know its not a reception problem. I wasn't able to call out or even call *228/use apps etc. I turned my phone off, took out the battery then reentered it and turned my phone back on and the problem was fixed. Btw mine is a stock droid non rooted.
  5. deek

deek New Member

Ya... I would say there is a possibility of shutting your phone off often since the keyguard lock button is the same button that turns on/off your phone.

Remember, you only have to basically tap it to lock the phone and hold it to shut it off.

Enjoy the phone. ;)
Search tags for this page
android motarola no service and phone keeps turning off
android phone loses service then turns off
android turns off when no service
driod says no service and turns off after a minute
droid phone keeps shutting off and coming back on but shows
droid razr no service / powers off

droid x no service

my phone keeps saying no service and keeps shutting off
my x2 says no service
phone has no service and keeps shuttong down