please help with metamorph

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cgrabowskijr, Jun 2, 2010.

1. cgrabowskijr

cgrabowskijr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to using metamorph so maybe I am just missing something, but every time I try to use metamorph to do anything it always says, "the theme is not valid cause the the theme control file may be missing contact the developer." No matter what theme I try to use or what I try to do it says this. What am I doing wrong? Please advise................Thanks

2. cgrabowskijr

cgrabowskijr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What the heck, no one is going to help. At least point me in the right direction.

3. xXbrick84Xx

xXbrick84Xx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to convert the file to a .xml file.

4. cgrabowskijr

cgrabowskijr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, how do you do that. I thought when you unzipped using metamorph that it converted the files for you? Thanks for the reply

5. xXbrick84Xx

xXbrick84Xx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download this file [RELEASE] Metamorph - Theme Control File Upgrader - xda-developers

Download the theme your wanting. Save it to desktop (or another convenient location). Extract the .thm file to your desktop, run that program you downloaded, select open .thm. Find the .thm you extracted to your desktop, select convert to .xml after the message that pops up. Name it the same as the .thm file was. Right click the .xml file and go to (depending on what .zip file manager your using, winrar or 7zip) and go to (7zip or winrar) add to archive. Add it to the .zip file you downloaded earlier. Open the .zip file to make sure the .xml file is there, and your good to go. Copy to Android Themes folder on your sdcard and when you open MM, click open/extract new theme, extract the theme and click the .xml file. MM might bring you back to desktop after you extract saying its not the right file type or whatever, but just open MM back up, click pick existing theme, and select the .xml file from the folder you just extracted.

Hope it helps,
    Brick

Edit: Make sure to restart after applying the theme, if MM doesn't automatically restart your phone for you.

6. cgrabowskijr

cgrabowskijr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS, for helping Brick!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to give this a try

7. xXbrick84Xx

xXbrick84Xx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :D no problem man I had the same problem yesterday thats why I knew how to do it lol

Good luck,
    Brick

8. firststepstorecovery

firststepstorecovery New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    help

when i extract the theme i want there is no .thm file for me to convert... anyone help?!

Search tags for this page
android l for metamorph
cant find any files metamorph
help metamorph xml file

opening thm files on android phones

why does everything say no files in metamorph