1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please help!!! What's wrong with my phone?!!??!!?!?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by LoveYaToo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. LoveYaToo

LoveYaToo New Member

It was in my coat pocket and I went to wake it up and all I see is lines going across the screen. Wasn't dropped recently or anything and definitely didn't drop it in water. I removed the battery... even changed it and everytime I power it up, I see lines like this. Is my phone officially a goner? phone.jpg
  2. LoveYaToo

LoveYaToo New Member

Oh and I will add.. my phone did update to 2.3.3 a couple of days ago. I thought it was fine till this happened. I can see nothing on my phone. I can hear the phone ringing but no display at all whatsoever
  3. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I would say the digitizer is gone.

Just hardware failure. Do you have insurance?

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.
  4. google123

google123 New Member

Swing by Verizon and let them take a look at it. Maybe insurance replacement? I fixed my broken LCD, it wasn't difficult but all hell broke loose after that. Now my Pro is in a coma. LOL
  5. LoveYaToo

LoveYaToo New Member

Nope no insurance. I'm going to go to Verizon today and see what they can do. Apparently it's still under warranty so I hope they will replace it. I want temporary replacement till I upgrade to Nexus or Droid Razr next month.

I'm just mad because ALL my contacts are in the this phone and I don't want them to be lost.
  6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Aren't your contacts synced to your Gmail account at Google? All of my stuff, even the free apps, come back when I install a new rom with a full system wipe. YMMV!!

Good luck.
  7. LoveYaToo

LoveYaToo New Member

I have a gmail account but I'm not sure if my contacts are synced to it.

But went to Verizon and they said it is cracked inside and it voided my warranty. So I am using an old basic phone (new line added to family plan) in meantime till the newer smartphones come out (Razr and Nexus) and I will upgrade. I'm so annoyed.

Question though - I want to try to go to another verizon store and see if they will exchange it. Might as well try with a different salesperson. If they do exchange it... will they change me an activation fee? I don't want to pay another $30 to activate a phone that is being replaced.
Search tags for this page
lines across screen motorola droid 2
my phone has lines in the screen. what's wrong with it?
updated to wrong phone model
what is wrong with my motorola droid
what is wrong with my phone
what is wrong with my phone screen
what wrong with my phone screen

what's wrong with my phone

what's wrong with my phone screen

what's wrong with this phone
whats wrong withmy phone screen has lines