Please Help... Website malfunction

kaboyd

Reaction score
Ever since the change this website underwent last week I cannot change my profile settings under the User CP/Edit options tab. I want to change from mobile v2 to the normal version but when i go to save my setting an error states the action cannot be completed due to a "Security Token missing". I Started a thread in the Site Assistance section. I found out I'm not the only one with this problem. I use this forum daily but I cannot stand the mobile version of this website.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No malfunction here....rocking on v1 right now.....

Now back to v2 :)

Using Chrome.....

OP
kaboyd

kaboyd

Reaction score
I've tried switching between my default browser and Dolphin browser which I normally use. That didn't work. Can anyone tell me wth a security token is, and why it's apparently missing? I am seriously frustrated.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you asking about changing the forum on you PC or Droid?

AFAIK the mobile version has not changed.

OP
kaboyd

kaboyd

Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether I'm on my pc or my phone it's the same problem. That's what makes me think it's something wrong with the site.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ever since the change this website underwent last week I cannot change my profile settings under the User CP/Edit options tab. I want to change from mobile v2 to the normal version but when i go to save my setting an error states the action cannot be completed due to a "Security Token missing". I Started a thread in the Site Assistance section. I found out I'm not the only one with this problem. I use this forum daily but I cannot stand the mobile version of this website.

let me check the settings for you :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
clear all your cookies cache and temp files on browser (pc)

then go into your User CP/Edit Options and scroll all the way to the bottom and select "use forum default"

Save/shut down browser and re-open browser. That should work.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
clear all your cookies cache and tmep files on browser (pc)

then go into your User CP/Edit Options and scroll all the way to the bottom and select "use forum default"

Save/shut down browser and re-open browser. That should work.

see if it works now

OP
kaboyd

kaboyd

Reaction score
No luck. I cleared all caches and browser history and tried to save the changes, same error message. Tried to exit browser and that didn't work either.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
log out/shut browser down/then log back in.....see if that works.

OP
kaboyd

kaboyd

Reaction score
Nope. Everytime i log back in I'm still stuck in Mobile Droid v2. Still unable to save changes to profile options.

OP
kaboyd

kaboyd

Reaction score
Thank you both for your help. User "mjones1052" also stated he is having the exact same problem. I just don't see how it can be on my end since the error occurs on my Windows based PC and on my Droid, but I am stumped as well. Thanks again though.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious what would happen if you created a new user ID on here... if that fixes it, it may point to an issue with your account on here.

kab

Reaction score
Ok, I did just that. Created a new user id as "kab" and the error is no longer occurring. So it is a problem with my account. Problem now is the email account linked to "kab" I never use. I Need my gmail account on here but it's tired to kaboyd. ( or fix the other account )