Please Help w HTC Eris

Nic'sDad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid eris
I have a situation and need some help.

May 14, 2011 I lost my 19 year old son to suicide. His phone at the time was an HTC Droid Eris. I put the phone away in my safe (account still active)because I wasn't sure I could handle it's contents, but I think I am ready now. Maybe it can answer some of our questions as to why.

The phone is an HTC Droid Eris Software version 2.42.00.04.12, 2.36.605.1 (so says the box)
Verizon

Here is the deal. I cant get past the pattern lock and dont know any of his passwords to Gmail or other. Screen works fine, I just cant get around the pattern.

Anyone know how to defeat this pattern? (I tried calling the phone and using the back button. Must have been fixed on this version.)

I cant turn the phone off so I am currently waiting for the battery to run down so I can see if there is anything stored on the mini SD card.

Will his photos and contacts and stuff be on the SD card? Texts? Anything else?

Can I just download info from the SD card to my PC like downloading pics from a camera?

Can I download to my Ipad or to a PC only?

Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction for help.

Nic'sDad

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum NicsDad! Your best option here would be to take it in to the carrier, they'll be able to get into the phone for you and remove the pattern or pin lock.
If you have an external card reader or one built into your pc, you should be able to access the contents of the sd card that way. (It shouldn't matter if it's a Mac or PC)

tap'n on my S5

OP
N

Nic'sDad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid eris
I was able to get a few pic's from the SD card. Kind of disappointing.

On my Ipad I was able to get the pics only as if it were a camera.

On my PC I was able to access some other files like bookmarks but that was all.

I tried Verizon when all of this first happened, and they were not very helpful. I should call our commercial rep and see what he can do.

Thanks much. I'll check back later

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Let us know how you make out. You'll have to take the device into your local Verizon store. They'll be much more accommodating. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5