Please help URGENT!!

OP
A

aesor

Reaction score
YOUR THE MAN THANK YOU SO MUCH its working now i just restored to bb.
But seriously you deserve a donation wherever your paypal is man seriously thanks =]

OP
A

aesor

Reaction score
theres a pretty weird glitch though my phone is extremely slow and seems to have lost pixels or sumthing and it has a weird greenish color to any black,

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That sounds like a hardware fault. Try letting it sit overnight to see if it still does it.

Glad you could get it at leasg this far, though. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Excellent job by all. In catching up this morn, my first thought was battery, and furman took you right down the best road of resolution. If you want to help furman out, buy one of his books!

As far as what can you do about a hardware failure, a factory warranty replacement if you got the phone new from VZW within the last year. Otherwise, if you have asurion insurance you can pay the deductable and get another phone. Otherwise, you're on your own.

good luck

nornevrder

Reaction score
Fur is the man. I always subscribe to these threads to see the man do his work.

Sent from yesterday

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Teddy nailed it on the head -- hardware fault is covered by a 1-year warranty from Verizon/Motorola. Beyond that and it's insurance or out-of-pocket. Sorry I wasn't on today, I had to go with my mother to a sewing machine repair shop for her $1,000 sewing machine purchased in January. A spring had fallen out of adjustment and he reset it, cleaned some gunk out of it, etc. But it wasn't the machine's fault and it didn't need repair. No charge, but an hour and half of my life I won't get back. :) Just got home.

So, anyway, if you've had the phone less than a year, call Verizon. We'll try to SBF the phone with a stock SBF to make sure the software looks alright before it goes back, but other than that the hardware seems to have failed somewhat spectacularly. :) If you've had the phone more than a year, check the Motorola website as they seem to have a slightly longer warranty than Verizon will honor, and you can see about getting it replaced through them. There's a page on their website that lets you punch in the IMEI number to see if the warranty is still valid.

Good luck and if you need any further help, let us know. :)

OP
A

aesor

Reaction score
Alright man well all went well and i thought i was saved but it has gone through hardware failure and its extremely slow distorted picture etc. Whenever i turn on the phone its fine but i cant let it sleep or it wont wake up. Im just thinking im going to have to get it replaced i hope its still on the warranty. Im just thinking that they wont take it back rooted?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Rooting voids the warranty, so...

You flash a stock SBF before returning it -- making one last backup, if you like. Then you root the new phone, restore the backup, and hope it'll boot. Otherwise just root the new phone and start over clean. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That from Verizon or Moto?

If it's from Verizon, check Moto's website. You might get lucky. If not, well, do you have insurance? $100 is a lot easier to swallow than the cost of a replacement totally out-of-pocket.