Please Help! Uninstalled the wrong application using Titanium Backup!!!!

abie915

Reaction score
Hi guys, I rooted my Droid 2 Global that was running stock gingerbread using the Motorola One Click Root method. I managed to root successfully, and then used Titanium Backup to uninstall a bunch of crapware that was part of the stock ROM.

Unfortunately, I must have uninstalled the wrong application, because I can't see the android "desktop" anymore. The phone boots up, and I can see the titlebar and start some applications if they have a notification (like swiping down and opening Gmail if I have a new email), but I cant see anything else.

I tried to do a hard reset by holding Power+X. I get to the yellow triangle with the exclamation point, but nothing happens on the screen when I press the search key (the magnifying glass button).

Can someone please help me figure out how to get this working again? Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am on my way back to work from break. But on the Droid x they changed it from search to the volume rocker to go from the "!" Screen to stock recovery. So try that out and see what happens.

Ill try and help out more once I get out if you need it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
A

abie915

Reaction score
I just found some instructions on Verizon's website, and it turns out to be Power + X, and then Vol Up + Vol Down at the same time. unfortunately, I still don't see anything, even after doing a cache wipe, and a hard reset.

Do you think I could try to install a custom recovery, and then flash a non-stock ROM, like described here?: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You say you can see notifications correct? Ok this may be a bit of a stretch but try doing this. Go to the android market online from your PC, search "launcher", look for go launcher ex, and then follow the steps to install it to your mobile device. It should start to download onto your phone, when it is done reboot, and if it is the launcher you deleted then you should be able to access your phone when it is done rebooting.

OP
A

abie915

Reaction score
Yeah, I already had that idea and tried to install a different launcher from the market, but I don't think it ever got downloaded.

Anyway, it took up the whole of my evening, but I was able to get the phone working by SBFing it. Thanks for your help anyway!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey as long as you got it all figured out. Glad to hear it :)